The University of Glasgow’s links with Georgia are young, but include excellent academic links with Ilia State University through our Centre for Russian, Central & Eastern European Studies and the College of Medical, Veterinary & Life Sciences.
Scots enjoy a good song and dance, like Georgians, and we hope can rival Georgian hospitality!
The University will consider applicants with good grades at Attestat and one of the following qualifications:
A) A-Levels or International Baccalaureate. For information on specific grade requirements please refer to our online prospectus B) One year of study at a recognised Kazakh Higher Education Institute on a relevant degree programme with a minimum GPA of 3/4 or 4/5; OR C) A pass on a recognised foundation programme.
Glasgow International College offers a number of foundation programmes which lead into the second year of studies at the University of Glasgow. For more information visit the GIC website.
Postgraduate Taught We welcome applications from students with Bakalavrs with a minimum GPA of 3.4/4 or 4.2/5 or 3.7/4.33.
- University of Glasgow funding
- University of Glasgow funding
- Adam Smith Business School Scholarship (IDP)
- School of Computing Science: International Excellence Awards
- School of Geographical and Earth Sciences: PGT Excellence Awards
- Sir Fitzroy Maclean Postgraduate Scholarship
- University of Glasgow International Leadership Scholarship
- University of Glasgow/Glasgow International College Achievement Award
Study Abroad and Exchange opportunities at Glasgow
We welcome over 1500 students every year via the long-established Study Abroad and exchange programmes
Ilia State University, Georgia
- Central & East European Studies
Information for incoming participants: Study Abroad and exchange at Glasgow
If you want to come to Glasgow for a year abroad and your country does not have an existing agreement please look at our incoming Study Abroad Programme options
Meet our team in Georgia
- Location: Tbilisi
- Event: Agent fair and visits School visits
- Contact: Mark Stansfield
We would be happy to welcome you to our historic main campus in the heart of Glasgow, where we host open days and campus tours for you to experience our University in person. For more information, go to: http://www.gla.ac.uk/about/visit/.
International Summer School
You can also apply to join our International Summer School. This is an excellent introduction to studying at a world renowned university. The summer school offers a variety of credit and non credit-bearing courses including Mathematics and Physics, Theatre and Performance and International Business. The International Summer School website details all courses on offer.
Summer study allows you to:
- Explore a particular topic in more depth
- Experience teaching from world-class academic staff
- Supplement your studies and gain international experience and credits at a world-class university
To attend the International Summer School for most courses, but not all, you must meet the following criteria:
- You should be a current student or a graduate of an international higher education institution*.
- If your first language is not English, we require a minimum IELTS score of 6.0 (or equivalent)
- You should have a GPA of at least 3.0 (or equivalent)
Special circumstances may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Please refer to individual course descriptions for courses that vary from the standard criteria.
- Applications for 2020 are currently open
Joey Kirk, International Recruitment Manager (based in Glasgow)
+44 (0)141 330 3914
Mark Stansfield, Senior International Officer (based in Glasgow)
+44 (0)141 330 5525
Cristina Prelle Ros De Souza, International Recruitment Coordinator (based in Glasgow)
+44 (0)141 330 1881