We have been welcoming students from Cyprus for a long time - our first known Cypriot graduate was Gabriel Alexander Gabrielides who graduated with a BSc in 1934. Many more have followed - over 150 students make the journey from Cyprus to the University of Glasgow every year. Many return home and our Cypriot alumni include members of the European Parliament, directors of international companies, financial and energy consultants, amongst others.
Discover what those who have made the journey get up to via our Greek Cypriot society.
We welcome students from over 140 countries, equating your local qualification(s) to an equivalent of our entry requirements. If you still have queries after reviewing, please refer to 'Contact Us' below.
- European requirements: Arts, Science, Engineering, Accountancy, Social Sciences
- European Requirements: Education Degree Programmes (M.Educ, BTEchEd and MA RPE)
- European requirements: Psychology BSc, MA (Arts), MA (Social Sciences)
- For information about admission to Dentistry: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For information about admission to Law: email@example.com
- For information about admission to Medicine: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For information about admission to Veterinary Medicine: email@example.com
A minimum of 34 points is required to be considered for an offer. Actual offers will specify subjects and grades to be attained at Higher Level.
We will consider applications to Masters degrees from graduates holding a Bachelors Degree and the Ptychio. Applicants with a GPA of 3.0 in the bachelors and Very Good (6.5 - 8.49) in the Ptychio or above may be considered for postgraduate study.
Study Abroad and Exchange opportunities at Glasgow
We welcome over 1500 students every year via the long-established Study Abroad and exchange programmes
If you want to come to Glasgow for a year abroad and your country does not have an existing agreement please look at our incoming Study Abroad Programme options
Students who choose to be counselled by an agency should expect the following standards of service:
- Representatives will support students throughout the application process, providing advice and assistance in the preparation/submission of documents. It is, however, the applicant who must remain ultimately responsible for their account and the management of communications.
- Representatives will have full access to student data contained within the application form and may manage a student application by discussing all aspects of the application with the University of Glasgow.
- Representatives should be honest and accurate in communicating information about the University to the student and vice versa. At no time should representatives disseminate false or misleading information to the student or to the University.
- Representatives will conduct themselves with fairness and integrity at all times and are subject to a rigorous selection and ongoing training process by the University of Glasgow.
- Representatives are paid by the University for their services and will not pass on charges to prospective students.
We would be happy to welcome you to our historic main campus in the heart of Glasgow, where we host open days and campus tours for you to experience our University in person. For more information, go to: http://www.gla.ac.uk/about/visit/.
For undergraduate enquiries from European Union (EU) students regarding:
Study Abroad: firstname.lastname@example.org
Accountancy, Arts, Engineering, Sciences, Social Sciences: email@example.com
Veterinary Medicine: firstname.lastname@example.org
Primary Education, Technological Education, Religious & Philosophical Education: email@example.com
For all postgraduate enquiries from European Union (EU) students, please email:
International Summer School
INTERNATIONAL SUMMER SCHOOL 2020 - CANCELLED
With the impact globally from the ongoing spread of COVID-19, to protect the health and safety of staff and students we have taken the decision to cancel the 2020 International Summer School.
We fully intend to offer a variety of International Summer School programmes in summer 2021. Our summer 2021 programmes will be advertised from September 2020 so please keep an eye open for further information.
Our International Summer School is an excellent introduction to studying at a world renowned university.
Summer study allows you to:
- Explore a particular topic in more depth
- Experience teaching from world-class academic staff
- Supplement your studies and gain international experience and credits at a world-class university