We have been welcoming students from Cyprus for a long time - our first known Cypriot graduate was Gabriel Alexander Gabrielides who graduated with a BSc in 1934. Many more have followed - over 150 students make the journey from Cyprus to the University of Glasgow every year. Many return home and our Cypriot alumni include members of the European Parliament, directors of international companies, financial and energy consultants, amongst others.
Discover what those who have made the journey get up to via our Greek Cypriot society.
Apolytirion - The normal minimum requirement is an overall average of 18 and two GCE A levels at AB (including required subjects). Certain degree programmes require a higher standard.
A-levels and International Baccalaureate Diploma - See the webpage for the programme you want to study.
American Curriculum - See the USA country page.
European Baccalaureate - The normal minimum entry requirement is 77% overall with at least 7.5 in three subjects including required subjects. Certain degree programmes require a higher standard.
- For information about admission to Dentistry: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For information about admission to Medicine: email@example.com
- For information about admission to Veterinary Medicine: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For information about admission to Nursing: email@example.com
If you still have queries after reviewing, please refer to the 'Contact Us' section below.
Entry requirements for our Masters programmes can be found on the webpage for the programme you want to study.
Holders of a Bachelor’s degree from a recognised Cypriot university will be considered with the following grade equivalencies:
2:1 - Very Good (6.5 - 8.49) or 3.0 GPA
2:2 - Good (5.5 - 6.49) or 2.7 GPA
The University is dedicated to supporting our European students. From the 2021/22 academic year we will be offering highly qualified students from across the EU new scholarship opportunities.
- For undergraduate students we will be offering Undergraduate Excellence Scholarships
- For postgraduate students we are offering International Leadership Scholarships
- University of Glasgow funding
- University of Glasgow funding
- External funding
Prospective Student Information Sessions
The University of Glasgow is pleased to invite all prospective students to online information sessions which will be dedicated to answering your questions about joining #TeamUofG.
The team will give a presentation covering the application process, entry requirements and student life. There will be time at the end of the presentation for you to ask questions.
Click the relevant link below to book your place.
Study Abroad and Exchange opportunities at Glasgow
We welcome over 1500 students every year via the long-established Study Abroad and exchange programmes
If you want to come to Glasgow for a year abroad and your country does not have an existing agreement please look at our incoming Study Abroad Programme options
Students who choose to be counselled by an agency should expect the following standards of service:
- Representatives will support students throughout the application process, providing advice and assistance in the preparation/submission of documents. It is, however, the applicant who must remain ultimately responsible for their account and the management of communications.
- Representatives will have full access to student data contained within the application form and may manage a student application by discussing all aspects of the application with the University of Glasgow.
- Representatives should be honest and accurate in communicating information about the University to the student and vice versa. At no time should representatives disseminate false or misleading information to the student or to the University.
- Representatives will conduct themselves with fairness and integrity at all times and are subject to a rigorous selection and ongoing training process by the University of Glasgow.
- Representatives are paid by the University for their services and will not pass on charges to prospective students.
We would be happy to welcome you to our historic main campus in the heart of Glasgow, where we host open days and campus tours for you to experience our University in person. For more information, go to: http://www.gla.ac.uk/about/visit/.
For undergraduate enquiries from European Union (EU) students regarding:
Study Abroad: firstname.lastname@example.org
Accountancy, Arts, Engineering, Sciences, Social Sciences: email@example.com
Veterinary Medicine: firstname.lastname@example.org
Primary Education, Technological Education, Religious & Philosophical Education: email@example.com
For all postgraduate enquiries from European Union (EU) students, please email:
International Summer School
INTERNATIONAL SUMMER SCHOOL 2021
Our International Summer School is an excellent introduction to studying at a world renowned university. Applications for the 2021 summer school will open on 20 January 2021.
Summer study allows you to:
- Explore a particular topic in more depth
- Experience teaching from world-class academic staff
- Supplement your studies and gain international experience and credits at a world-class university