Ahlan wa sahlan
The University of Glasgow has a long established relationship with Jordan and we have been welcoming students here for many decades. At Glasgow, you will study to gain an internationally respected degree, but we can guarantee you much more besides. Glasgow is one of Europe’s most diverse cities and includes a large Muslim population. The city is home to twelve mosques and a wide range of Halal butchers and shops. Furthermore, the University has its own Muslim Students Association which represents and caters for Muslim students on campus.
The University offers an excellent standard of comfortable and secure student accommodation, with single-gender occupancy available. Furthermore, we guarantee a place for all full-time new entrant international students studying for a degree (providing students apply on-time).
Additionally, we understand that student life in Glasgow goes beyond studying and that socialising with other students is an important part of living abroad. As a result we offer our international students a dedicated International Student Support service which provides support for students and their families.
Successful completion of Tawjihi with grade average of 75%.
Applicants with the Tawjihiya (Secondary School Leaving Certificate) will usually be required to complete a foundation year - refer to GIC Foundation.
Successful completion of Bachelors degree with GPA of 2.0.
We will consider applications to Masters Degrees from graduates holding a Bachelors Degree from a recognised university with a GPA of 3 out 4 or 76% or Very Good.
We will consider applications with successful completion of an Undergraduate and Postgraduate Taught degree from a recognised university with a GPA of 3 out of 4 or 76% or Very Good.
- University of Glasgow funding
Undergraduate Information Session
The University of Glasgow is pleased to invite all prospective undergraduate (Bachelors) students to online information sessions which will be dedicated to answering your questions about joining #TeamUofG.
The team will give a presentation covering the undergraduate application process, entry requirements and student life. There will be time at the end of the presentation for you to ask questions.
Study Abroad and Exchange opportunities at Glasgow
We welcome over 1500 students every year via the long-established Study Abroad and exchange programmes
If you want to come to Glasgow for a year abroad and your country does not have an existing agreement please look at our incoming Study Abroad Programme options
Students who choose to be counselled by an agency should expect the following standards of service:
- Representatives will support students throughout the application process, providing advice and assistance in the preparation/submission of documents. It is, however, the applicant who must remain ultimately responsible for their account and the management of communications.
- Representatives will have full access to student data contained within the application form and may manage a student application by discussing all aspects of the application with the University of Glasgow.
- Representatives should be honest and accurate in communicating information about the University to the student and vice versa. At no time should representatives disseminate false or misleading information to the student or to the University.
- Representatives will conduct themselves with fairness and integrity at all times and are subject to a rigorous selection and ongoing training process by the University of Glasgow.
- Representatives are paid by the University for their services and will not pass on charges to prospective students.
We would be happy to welcome you to our historic main campus in the heart of Glasgow, where we host open days and campus tours for you to experience our University in person. For more information, go to: http://www.gla.ac.uk/about/visit/.
International Summer School
INTERNATIONAL SUMMER SCHOOL 2021
Our International Summer School is an excellent introduction to studying at a world renowned university. Applications for the 2021 summer school will open on 20 January 2021.
Summer study allows you to:
- Explore a particular topic in more depth
- Experience teaching from world-class academic staff
- Supplement your studies and gain international experience and credits at a world-class university