The University of Glasgow has a long established relationship with Saudi Arabia and we have been welcoming students here for many decades. We currently have over 150 students from Saudi Arabia studying at the University.
At Glasgow, you will study to gain an internationally respected degree, but we can guarantee you much more besides. Glasgow is one of Europe’s most diverse cities and includes a large Muslim population. The city is home to twelve mosques and a wide range of Halal butchers and shops. Furthermore, the University has its own Muslim Students Association which represents and caters for Muslim students on campus.
The University offers an excellent standard of comfortable and secure student accommodation, with single-gender occupancy available. Furthermore, we guarantee a place for all full-time new entrant international students studying for a degree (providing students apply on-time).
Applicants must have successful completion of Tawjihiyah with grade average of 80%.
Applicants with the Tawjihiyah will usually be required to complete a foundation year - refer to GIC Foundation.
Applicants must have successful completion of a Bachelors degree with a GPA of 2.5 on the 4.0 scale
We will consider applications to Masters degrees from graduates holding a Bachelors Degree. Applicants with a GPA of 3 out 4 or 3.75 out of 5 will be considered.
We will consider applications with successful completion of a Bachelors degree with a GPA of 3 out 4 or 3.75 out of 5, and successful completion of a Postgraduate Taught degree with a GPA of 3 out of 4.
EU/International Applicant Information Session
The University of Glasgow is pleased to invite all prospective EU/international students to information sessions on Thursday 28th and Friday 29th November 2019, which will be dedicated to answering your questions about joining #TeamUofG.
Please be aware that this event will not be available to access online. It is for students who are planning to visit campus only.
The team will give a presentation covering undergraduate and postgraduate application processes, entry requirements and international student life. There will be time at the end of the presentation for you to ask questions.
This information session is free, but please ensure you book your tickets on the following links to guarantee entry.
The password is UofG2020
Thursday 28th November 2019
Friday 29th November 2019
UCAS Clearing Vacancies 2019
- University of Glasgow funding
The University currently has a partnership with King Saud University.
Study Abroad and Exchange opportunities at Glasgow
We welcome over 1500 students every year via the long-established Study Abroad and exchange programmes
If you want to come to Glasgow for a year abroad and your country does not have an existing agreement please look at our incoming Study Abroad Programme options
Meet our team in Saudi Arabia
- Location: Jeddah, Riyadh
- Event: Private visits and Ghedex fair
- Contact: Jo Power
Students who choose to be counselled by an agency should expect the following standards of service:
- Representatives will support students throughout the application process, providing advice and assistance in the preparation/submission of documents. It is, however, the applicant who must remain ultimately responsible for their account and the management of communications.
- Representatives will have full access to student data contained within the application form and may manage a student application by discussing all aspects of the application with the University of Glasgow.
- Representatives should be honest and accurate in communicating information about the University to the student and vice versa. At no time should representatives disseminate false or misleading information to the student or to the University.
- Representatives will conduct themselves with fairness and integrity at all times and are subject to a rigorous selection and ongoing training process by the University of Glasgow.
- Representatives are paid by the University for their services and will not pass on charges to prospective students.
A2Z Management Ltd
IDP Education (Al Khobar)
IDP Education (Jeddah)
IDP Education (Riyadh)
We would be happy to welcome you to our historic main campus in the heart of Glasgow, where we host open days and campus tours for you to experience our University in person. For more information, go to: http://www.gla.ac.uk/about/visit/.
International Summer School
You can also apply to join our International Summer School. This is an excellent introduction to studying at a world renowned university. The summer school offers a variety of credit and non credit-bearing courses including Mathematics and Physics, Theatre and Performance and International Business. The International Summer School website details all courses on offer.
Summer study allows you to:
- Explore a particular topic in more depth
- Experience teaching from world-class academic staff
- Supplement your studies and gain international experience and credits at a world-class university
To attend the International Summer School for most courses, but not all, you must meet the following criteria:
- You should be a current student or a graduate of an international higher education institution*.
- If your first language is not English, we require a minimum IELTS score of 6.0 (or equivalent)
- You should have a GPA of at least 3.0 (or equivalent)
Special circumstances may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Please refer to individual course descriptions for courses that vary from the standard criteria.
- Applications for 2019 are currently open