Students from Bangladesh have been coming to the study at the University of Glasgow for decades – and are warmly welcomed by the staff and students alike. Glasgow is home to one of the largest South Asian communities in the UK so you will have the opportunity to mix with people from your home country while also enjoying the people and city of Glasgow. In 2009, the University was delighted to award an honorary doctorate to Prof. Muhammad Yunus, founder of Grameen Bank.
The University of Glasgow will consider students with International A-Levels and IB. Students who do not have either of these qualifications may be considered for entry to our foundation programmes at Glasgow International College.
We will consider applications to Master degrees from named universities. Please contact Althea Maxwell for more information.
UCAS Clearing Vacancies 2019
- University of Glasgow funding
- University of Glasgow funding
- Adam Smith Business School Excellence Scholarships (IDP)
- School of Computing Science: International Excellence Awards
- School of Geographical and Earth Sciences: PGT Excellence Awards
- University International Leadership Scholarship
- University of Glasgow Chancellors Award
- University of Glasgow/Glasgow International College Achievement Award
- External funding
Study Abroad and Exchange opportunities at Glasgow
We welcome over 1500 students every year via the long-established Study Abroad and exchange programmes
If you want to come to Glasgow for a year abroad and your country does not have an existing agreement please look at our incoming Study Abroad Programme options
Students who choose to be counselled by an agency should expect the following standards of service:
- Representatives will support students throughout the application process, providing advice and assistance in the preparation/submission of documents. It is, however, the applicant who must remain ultimately responsible for their account and the management of communications.
- Representatives will have full access to student data contained within the application form and may manage a student application by discussing all aspects of the application with the University of Glasgow.
- Representatives should be honest and accurate in communicating information about the University to the student and vice versa. At no time should representatives disseminate false or misleading information to the student or to the University.
- Representatives will conduct themselves with fairness and integrity at all times and are subject to a rigorous selection and ongoing training process by the University of Glasgow.
- Representatives are paid by the University for their services and will not pass on charges to prospective students.
IDP Education UK
International Education Counselling Centre Ltd (IECC)
We would be happy to welcome you to our historic main campus in the heart of Glasgow, where we host open days and campus tours for you to experience our University in person. For more information, go to: http://www.gla.ac.uk/about/visit/.
Shonagh Maak, International Recruitment Manager (based in Glasgow)
+44 (0)141 330 3440
Althea Maxwell, Senior International Officer (based in Glasgow)
+44 (0)141 330 7369
Sanju Dominic, International Officer (based in India)
Cristina Prelle Ros De Souza, International Recruitment Coordinator (based in Glasgow)
You can also contact us through one of our representatives in Bangladesh. Please note that only the agents listed on the University of Glasgow web pages represent the University of Glasgow.
International Summer School
You can also apply to join our International Summer School. This is an excellent introduction to studying at a world renowned university. The summer school offers a variety of credit and non credit-bearing courses including Mathematics and Physics, Theatre and Performance and International Business. The International Summer School website details all courses on offer.
Summer study allows you to:
- Explore a particular topic in more depth
- Experience teaching from world-class academic staff
- Supplement your studies and gain international experience and credits at a world-class university
To attend the International Summer School for most courses, but not all, you must meet the following criteria:
- You should be a current student or a graduate of an international higher education institution*.
- If your first language is not English, we require a minimum IELTS score of 6.0 (or equivalent)
- You should have a GPA of at least 3.0 (or equivalent)
Special circumstances may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Please refer to individual course descriptions for courses that vary from the standard criteria.
- Applications for 2019 are currently open