Students from Bangladesh have been coming to the study at the University of Glasgow for decades – and are warmly welcomed by the staff and students alike. Glasgow is home to one of the largest South Asian communities in the UK so you will have the opportunity to mix with people from your home country while also enjoying the people and city of Glasgow. In 2009, the University was delighted to award an honorary doctorate to Prof. Muhammad Yunus, founder of Grameen Bank.
The University of Glasgow will consider students with International A-Levels and IBDP - please visit the webpage for the programme you want to study. Students studying the American curriculum should visit the USA page.
Students who do not have these qualifications may be considered for entry to our foundation programmes at Glasgow International College.
We will consider applications to Masters degrees from graduates of Bangladeshi Higher Education Institutes recognised by NARIC. Applicants must have either:
a) A 4 year Bachelors degree
b) A Masters in addition to a Bachelors degree
Ordinarily applicants must have acheived a cumulative average of 70%, although we accept 65% from some leading institutions.
Science and Engineering degrees: theory grades will be accorded greater significance and entry will be entirely at the discretion of the University of Glasgow. Applicants applying for January entry may be required to demonstrate greater understanding of certain areas of Engineering on their academic record.
- University of Glasgow funding
- University of Glasgow funding
Prospective Student Information Sessions
The University of Glasgow is pleased to invite all prospective students to online information sessions which will be dedicated to answering your questions about joining #TeamUofG.
The team will give a presentation covering the application process, entry requirements and student life. There will be time at the end of the presentation for you to ask questions.
Click the relevant link below to book your place.
Study Abroad and Exchange opportunities at Glasgow
We welcome over 1500 students every year via the long-established Study Abroad and exchange programmes
If you want to come to Glasgow for a year abroad and your country does not have an existing agreement please look at our incoming Study Abroad Programme options
Students who choose to be counselled by an agency should expect the following standards of service:
- Representatives will support students throughout the application process, providing advice and assistance in the preparation/submission of documents. It is, however, the applicant who must remain ultimately responsible for their account and the management of communications.
- Representatives will have full access to student data contained within the application form and may manage a student application by discussing all aspects of the application with the University of Glasgow.
- Representatives should be honest and accurate in communicating information about the University to the student and vice versa. At no time should representatives disseminate false or misleading information to the student or to the University.
- Representatives will conduct themselves with fairness and integrity at all times and are subject to a rigorous selection and ongoing training process by the University of Glasgow.
- Representatives are paid by the University for their services and will not pass on charges to prospective students.
We would be happy to welcome you to our historic main campus in the heart of Glasgow, where we host open days and campus tours for you to experience our University in person. For more information, go to: http://www.gla.ac.uk/about/visit/.
General enquiries - firstname.lastname@example.org
International Recruitment Team
Shonagh Maak, International Recruitment Manager (based in Glasgow)
+44 (0)141 330 3440
Sanju Dominic, International Officer (based in India)
Donna Gall, Senior International Officer (based in Glasgow)
Jennifer Wylie, International Recruitment Coordinator (based in Glasgow)
+44 (0)141 330 3241
International Summer School
INTERNATIONAL SUMMER SCHOOL 2021
Our International Summer School is an excellent introduction to studying at a world renowned university. Applications for the 2021 summer school will open on 20 January 2021.
Summer study allows you to:
- Explore a particular topic in more depth
- Experience teaching from world-class academic staff
- Supplement your studies and gain international experience and credits at a world-class university