The University of Glasgow has a long established relationship with Turkey dating back to the late eighteenth century; with our earliest recorded student having served as Chaplain to the British Embassy in Constantinople. The University extends a warm welcome to students from Turkey and our Turkish graduates have gone on to pursue careers in Medicine, Business and Education.
Our campus is currently home to over 4,000 international students from 180 countries and is located at the heart of the west end of Glasgow, a vibrant and multicultural European metropolis.
Similar to Turkey, Scotland is a country rich in history and culture and it is this shared love of rich cultural heritage that typically entices Turkish students to choose Glasgow as their desired place of study.
We welcome students to the University of Glasgow with a variety of different qualifications. We have a team of experts that will equate any of the qualifications you hold to our entry requirements. If you're unsure, you can email us your qualifications for asessement.
The University of Glasgow will consider students who have taken A Levels, International Baccalaureate, or a recognised foundation programme. SAT and AP are also accepted. Students with Anadolu Lise, Fen Lise and Lise Bitirme Diplomasi may be considered for year one entry where they have achieved 75% or above, with 75% in key subjects.
Applications with 32-36 points will be considered for direct admission to most schools. Please note that there are certain exceptions.
We will consider applications to Masters degrees from graduates holding a Bachelors Degree or Lisans Diplomasi. Applicants with a GPA of 3.0 in Bachelors degree or better may be considered for postgraduate study.
- University of Glasgow funding
- University of Glasgow funding
The University of Glasgow is an established partner of Bilkent University in Ankara. Politics students from Bilkent University may join the University of Glasgow for two semesters during the third year of their program. We have been welcoming students from Bilkent University since 2011.
Study Abroad and Exchange opportunities at Glasgow
We welcome over 1500 students every year via the long-established Study Abroad and exchange programmes
If you want to come to Glasgow for a year abroad and your country does not have an existing agreement please look at our incoming Study Abroad Programme options
Students who choose to be counselled by an agency should expect the following standards of service:
- Representatives will support students throughout the application process, providing advice and assistance in the preparation/submission of documents. It is, however, the applicant who must remain ultimately responsible for their account and the management of communications.
- Representatives will have full access to student data contained within the application form and may manage a student application by discussing all aspects of the application with the University of Glasgow.
- Representatives should be honest and accurate in communicating information about the University to the student and vice versa. At no time should representatives disseminate false or misleading information to the student or to the University.
- Representatives will conduct themselves with fairness and integrity at all times and are subject to a rigorous selection and ongoing training process by the University of Glasgow.
- Representatives are paid by the University for their services and will not pass on charges to prospective students.
British Education Bureau (BEB) - Ankara
British Education Bureau (BEB) - Istanbul
British Education Bureau (BEB) - Izmir
SI-UK Education Council Ankara
Remzi Oguz Arik Mah. Bestekar Sok. No:61A D:4
+90 312 945 74 85
SI-UK Education Council Istanbul
Istiklal Cad. Meselik Sok. No: 10-2
Dunya Han, Beyoglu
+90 212 709 2171
We would be happy to welcome you to our historic main campus in the heart of Glasgow, where we host open days and campus tours for you to experience our University in person. For more information, go to: http://www.gla.ac.uk/about/visit/.
International Summer School
You can also apply to join our International Summer School. This is an excellent introduction to studying at a world renowned university. The summer school offers a variety of credit and non credit-bearing courses including Mathematics and Physics, Theatre and Performance and International Business. The International Summer School website details all courses on offer.
Summer study allows you to:
- Explore a particular topic in more depth
- Experience teaching from world-class academic staff
- Supplement your studies and gain international experience and credits at a world-class university
To attend the International Summer School for most courses, but not all, you must meet the following criteria:
- You should be a current student or a graduate of an international higher education institution*.
- If your first language is not English, we require a minimum IELTS score of 6.0 (or equivalent)
- You should have a GPA of at least 3.0 (or equivalent)
Special circumstances may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Please refer to individual course descriptions for courses that vary from the standard criteria.
- Applications for 2020 are currently open