The University welcomes students from Myanmar as part of the international student community in Glasgow. The University of Glasgow has around 29,000 undergraduate and postgraduate students with almost 25% of them being international students from 140 countries worldwide.
The University accepts the following qualifications:
- A level
- International Baccalaureate (IBDP)
Students applying with American qualifications should refer to the USA page.
The Basic Education Examination/ Matriculation Examination is not acceptable for direct entry to undergraduate programme but applicants with a minimum grade average of 70% in the Basic Education Examination/ Matriculation Examination may attend the undergraduate foundation programme at Glasgow International College.
We will consider applications to Masters programmes from graduates of recognised institutions in Myanmar.
|Entry Requirement 2:1||Entry Requirement 2:2|
|Masters degree with A- average or better (65% or above)
OR a Professional Bachelors Degree of 5 or more years in Engineering, Medicine, Dentistry, Traditional Medicine, Nautical Science, Architecture, Forestry and Veterinary Science can be accepted at 65%
|Masters degree with B+ average or better (60% or above)
OR a Professional Bachelors Degree of 5 or more years in Engineering, Medicine, Dentistry, Traditional Medicine, Nautical Science, Architecture, Forestry and Veterinary Science can be accepted at 60%
- University of Glasgow funding
Prospective Student Information Sessions
The University of Glasgow is pleased to invite all prospective students to online information sessions which will be dedicated to answering your questions about joining #TeamUofG.
The team will give a presentation covering the application process, entry requirements and student life. There will be time at the end of the presentation for you to ask questions.
Click the relevant link below to book your place.
Students who choose to be counselled by an agency should expect the following standards of service:
- Representatives will support students throughout the application process, providing advice and assistance in the preparation/submission of documents. It is, however, the applicant who must remain ultimately responsible for their account and the management of communications.
- Representatives will have full access to student data contained within the application form and may manage a student application by discussing all aspects of the application with the University of Glasgow.
- Representatives should be honest and accurate in communicating information about the University to the student and vice versa. At no time should representatives disseminate false or misleading information to the student or to the University.
- Representatives will conduct themselves with fairness and integrity at all times and are subject to a rigorous selection and ongoing training process by the University of Glasgow.
- Representatives are paid by the University for their services and will not pass on charges to prospective students.
We would be happy to welcome you to our historic main campus in the heart of Glasgow, where we host open days and campus tours for you to experience our University in person. For more information, go to: http://www.gla.ac.uk/about/visit/.
General enquiries - firstname.lastname@example.org
International Recruitment Team
Shonagh Maak, International Recruitment Manager (based in Glasgow)
+44 (0)141 330 3440
Lisa Benlizar, Regional Recruitment Officer (based in Singapore)
+65 6908 6206
Donna Gall, Senior International Officer (based in Glasgow)
Jennifer Wylie, International Recruitment Coordinator (based in Glasgow)
+44 (0)141 330 3241
International Summer School
INTERNATIONAL SUMMER SCHOOL 2021
Our International Summer School is an excellent introduction to studying at a world renowned university. Applications for the 2021 summer school will open on 20 January 2021.
Summer study allows you to:
- Explore a particular topic in more depth
- Experience teaching from world-class academic staff
- Supplement your studies and gain international experience and credits at a world-class university