Undergraduate Talent Scholarships
The University of Glasgow awards c.50 undergraduate Talent Scholarships each academic year to support students who could face financial difficulties in taking up their place to study at the University. The value of each scholarship is typically £1,500 p.a. for each year of the degree programme, subject to satisfactory progress. Talent Scholarships are available to students entering any of the University's Colleges.
Dental School students are eligible for a Talent Scholarship in their first year of study only. They are eligible for the NHS Dental Student Support Grant in the following years.
Scholarship application deadline is 5PM on SUNDAY, 13TH JUNE.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- be ordinarily resident in Scotland for 3 years prior to the start of their programme, for a purpose other than studying, and be classified as a 'Home' student for fee purposes.
- hold the offer of a place to study, full-time, at the University of Glasgow in the forthcoming academic year (September 2021).
- be undertaking their first undergraduate degree.
- provide evidence that their, or their family's, circumstances are such that they may find it difficult to take up a place at the University for financial or other reasons.
- provide evidence of excellent academic achievement before starting University (see below).
The Talent Scholarships Panel will give significant weight to academic attainment. As the scholarships are competitive, the level of academic attainment necessary to obtain a scholarship will depend on the field of applicants in any given year. The Panel would, however, normally expect a Talent Scholarship holder to have minimum qualifications that were broadly comparable to their UCAS offer: BBBB-AABB at Higher.
SWAP applicants are required to have a minimum of ABB.
University of Glasgow (Short Courses) Access
1 A and 1 B
(Applications from students participating in other access programmes will be considered on individual merit)
Applicants must normally achieve A grades in each of their Graded Units to be considered for a Talent Scholarship.
Number of Scholarshipsc.50
- Accountancy & Finance[BAcc]
- Accounting & Mathematics[BSc]
- Accounting & Statistics[BSc]
- Aeronautical Engineering[BEng/MEng]
- Aerospace Systems[BEng/MEng]
- Ancient History[MA]
- Biomedical Engineering[BEng/MEng]
- Business & Management[BSc/MA/LLB/MA(SocSci)]
- Business Economics[MA(SocSci)]
- Celtic Civilisation[MA]
- Celtic Studies[MA]
- Central & East European Studies[MA/MA(SocSci)]
- Chemical Physics[BSc/MSci]
- Chemistry with Medicinal Chemistry[BSc/MSci]
- Childhood Practice[BA]
- Civil Engineering[BEng/MEng]
- Civil Engineering with Architecture[BEng/MEng]
- Classics (Classical Civilisation)[MA/MA(SocSci)]
- Common Law[LLB]
- Community Development[BA]
- Comparative Literature[MA]
- Computing Science[BSc/MA/MA(SocSci)/MSci]
- Design & Technology Education[MDTechEd]
- Digital Media & Information Studies[MA]
- Economic & Social History[MA/LLB/MA(SocSci)]
- Education with Primary Teaching Qualification[MEduc]
- Electronic & Software Engineering[BSc/BEng/MEng]
- Electronics & Electrical Engineering[BEng/MEng]
- Electronics with Music[BEng/MEng]
- English Language & Linguistics[MA]
- English Literature[MA/LLB]
- Environmental Geoscience[BSc/MSci]
- Environmental Science & Sustainability (Dumfries Campus)[BSc]
- Film & Television Studies[MA]
- Finance & Mathematics[BSc]
- Finance & Statistics[BSc]
- Health & Social Sector Leadership (Dumfries Campus)[MA]
- History of Art[MA]
- Human Biology[BSc/MSci]
- Human Biology & Nutrition[BSc/MSci]
- International Relations[MA(SocSci)]
- Marine & Freshwater Biology[BSc/MSci]
- Materials Chemistry[BSc/MSci]
- Mechanical Design Engineering[BEng/MEng]
- Mechanical Engineering[BEng/MEng]
- Mechanical Engineering with Aeronautics[BEng/MEng]
- Molecular & Cellular Biology[BSc/MSci]
- Molecular & Cellular Biology (with Biotechnology)[BSc/MSci]
- Molecular & Cellular Biology (with Plant Science)[BSc/MSci]
- Physics / Theoretical Physics[BSc/MSci]
- Physics with Astrophysics[BSc/MSci]
- Physiology & Sports Science[BSc/MSci]
- Physiology, Sports Science & Nutrition[BSc/MSci]
- Primary Education with Teaching Qualification (Dumfries Campus)[MA]
- Quantitative Methods[MA(SocSci)]
- Scots Law[LLB]
- Scottish History[MA/MA(SocSci)]
- Scottish Literature[MA]
- Social & Public Policy[MA/LLB/MA(SocSci)]
- Software Engineering[BSc/MSci]
- Software Engineering (Graduate Apprenticeship)[BSc]
- Theatre Studies[MA]
- Theology & Religious Studies[BD/MA]
- Veterinary Biosciences[BSc/MSci]
- Veterinary Medicine & Surgery[BVMS]
Typically £1,500 per year, for each year of degree programme.
How to apply
Applications are now open for students commencing study in September 2021. To apply, please submit an application via the online Undergraduate Talent Application Form.
Scholarship application deadline is 5PM on SUNDAY, 13th JUNE.
- your personal statement should detail how your personal and/or financial circumstances may make it difficult for you to take up your place
- it is the responsibility of the applicant to submit, BEFORE THE STATED DEADLINE, any supporting documentation requested, or any other additional information that will support their application, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note, this includes references. It is the applicant's reponsibility to ask their referee to email a reference in. Referees will not be contacted by the Univeristy to request these.
Applications cannot and will not be considered without the relevant supporting documents and information to support them.
For more information contact: email@example.com