Material relating to archaeology will be found across our collections, including the following:
- Murray and Wylie: particular focus on the west of Scotland (including maps)
- Waddell: material relating to interests in archaeology, Asian history and folk-lore
- Hill & Adamson: mid 19th century Scottish photographs
- Smith: includes copies of the publications of various archaeological societies
Some examples of individual books and manuscripts are listed here:
- MaterialCulture: list of resources prepared for Material Culture and Artefacts class (available as a PDF)
To search across all our collections, by name or keyword, please use the rare books search (for printed material) and the manuscripts search (for unpublished material including notebooks, papers, photographs and drawings).
Web exhibitions relating to archaeology:
- Maps for a Small Country: a selection of maps and plans relating to Scotland (16th to 19th centuries).