We hold a collection of architect's papers:
- Hislop, Welsh and Humphries, a Glasgow-based practice. Mainly plans of commercial and domestic buildings, 1885-1975.
Material relating to architecture will be found across our collections, including the following:
- Euing: William Euing had wide-ranging interests and his library contains a large number of books on art, architecture, design and ceramics
- Stirling Maxwell: primarily focussed on emblem literature but also allied subjects including general art and architecture
- Photography: including photographs of late 19th and early 20th century buildings.
To search across all our collections by name or keyword, use the rare books search (for published material) and the manuscripts search (for unpublished material including notebooks, papers, photographs and drawings).
Web exhibitions relating to architecture:
- Photographs of the University library under construction, 1965-1971 (Book of the month: September 2008)
- Glasgow Cathedral windows Images relating to the history of the cathedral and its windows (Web exhibition: 2000)