Strategy and Technology Management
The Strategy and Technology Management (STM) Research Cluster focuses on issues that sit at the interface between the use of technology within organisations and the implications that those technologies can have. Researchers in this cluster are considering questions such as:
- What is the role of technology in forming and implementing strategies?
- How do socio-technical systems fail catastrophically and generate organisational crises in the process?
- What are challenges associated with the management of digital transformations within organisations?
- How do technological standards emerge?
- What are the design processes around new business models?
We have a strong commitment to co-producing research aims, questions, contexts and possible outcomes through dialogue with the potential end users of the research. We have developed strong links with a range of appropriate professional bodies and communities of practice. We conduct our research in a variety of settings, including science enterprises, established multi-nationals, high-tech growth ventures, and the public sector.
From a teaching perspective, we ensure that our focus is research-led and in line with the school’s overarching aim of being a research-led and professionally focused business school.
Leadership and members
Lead: Professor Denis Fischbacher-Smith
Alternate: Dr Stephan von Delft
Dr Josephine Adekola
Professor Robert Chia
Professor John Crawford
Professor Moira Fischbacher-Smith
Dr Peter Keenan
Dr Dong-hyu Kim
Dr Xiang Li
Miss Katherine Lombardo
Professor Donald Maclean
Dr Karl Warner
Dr Wei Yang