A guide for staff responsible for publishing web pages using our t4 web content management system.
t4 and our web publishing model
What is t4?
- t4 is a Content Management System, or CMS, that is fully supported by the university’s web team and IT Services.
- It is a web publishing tool that offers the easiest way for members of the university to create their web pages.
- Presently, over 90% of university websites are published via t4.
What are the benefits of t4?
- Easy to use
- Accessed via any web browser
- Supports the University Visual Identity
- Imports data from HR, Enlighten and Programme A-Z databases
- Supports usability and accessibility
- Improves Google search rankings
Our web publishing model
Publishing through t4 is a three step process
- When content is approved, it is added to a publish cycle.
- Throughout the day content is passed from t4 to a staging server. This allows colleagues to view updates on campus.
- Overnight, content is published from the staging server to the live server where it is publically accessible.
Training and registration
You can register for t4 in different ways, based on what you need to do. All require some training.
Register as a t4 moderator
A t4 moderator can gain access to certain sections of the website to manage the content and create additional pages.
Manage your staff research profile
Register to manage your profile. You will need to complete the short training course.
Advice for using t4
- Logging into t4
- Working with content
- Adding images
- Previewing and publishing
- Embedding video/audio content
- html email using t4
- Setting publish, expiry and review dates for content
- Web forms: create and publish
Analysing and improving webpages
- UX: Improve your website
- Using Google Analytics
- Writing for the web
- Creating content: job stories
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
Recommended LinkedIn Learning course
- Writing for the web (LinkedIn Learning course)
Working off campus
- Glasgow Anywhere (A guide to working off campus)
Support and contacts
Principal Web Publisher (PWP)
Your School, College, Research Institute or area of University Services has a dedicated contact for t4.