Course code: MGT4093
Course credits: 15
Taught: Semester 1
Course co-ordinator: Dr Paul Ferri
Entry requirements: Normally admission to an honours programme in Business & Management
Available to visiting students: Yes
Contact for more information:Cherisse McLaren
Entrepreneurs must build a strong sales pipeline to ensure profitable growth as they tackle other pressing issues – e.g. staffing, infrastructure and financing. The course will cover the following:
- The process of acquiring customers using selling skills in different contexts: B2B, B2C, technology
- Managing the entrepreneurial sales process and key tools required for successful selling
- Understand the sales process in different international and cultural contexts
- Managing the sales function
This course aims to provide students with an in-depth understanding of the sales process and how this relates to managing a business, review the skills and behaviours required for effective selling in various contexts e.g. Business to Business and Business (B2B) to Consumer (B2C), equip students with the necessary knowledge, confidence, tools and skills in order to be able to identify and undertake a selling role and support students to develop competencies in the key elements of the sales process: sales leads, buyer behaviour, pitching to customers, negotiations, objection handling and closing the sale.
Intended Learning Outcomes
By the end of this programme students will be able to:
- Critically evaluate the role of the sales function as a part of a company’s overall marketing strategy.
- Identify and explain the different stages of the sales process in the Business to Business context.
- Identify, explain and apply the tools and techniques required to be successful in a personal selling role.
- Select and organise material to be able to deliver a competent video sales pitch.
- Reflect on where selling fits into the entrepreneurial process within an organisation.
Learning and teaching methods
Workshops: 2hrs x 10 weeks
Please refer to MyCampus for timetable.
Sales Pitch Video
2 x 2 minute