Choosing your degree
Glasgow is one of the world’s top universities, which means we can offer you a world-class degree. With a fantastic range of subjects, you should be able to find a degree programme that matches your interests. The subject(s) you choose will determine the type of degree programme you will take and how long you will study for.
The main undergraduate degrees awarded at Glasgow are as follows:
Professional degree programmes
- Bachelor of Accountancy (BAcc)
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS)
- Bachelor of Divinity (BD)
- Bachelor of Engineering (BEng)
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB)
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBChB)
- Bachelor of Music (BMus)
- Bachelor of Nursing (BN)
- Bachelor of Technological Education (BTechEd)
- Bachelor of Veterinary Medicine & Surgery (BVMS)
- Master of Education (MEduc)
- Master of Engineering (MEng)
Flexible degree programmes
- Bachelor of Science (BSc)
- Master of Arts (MA)*
- Master of Arts (MA) (Social Sciences)*
- Master in Science (MSci)
* A note on names
At Glasgow (and the other three ancient universities in Scotland), an Honours level degree in the Arts is called a Master of Arts (MA) and an Honours level degree in the Social Sciences a Master of Arts (Social Sciences). These should not be confused with the Master of Arts offered by some universities in England, which refers to a postgraduate qualification.
Our flexible degrees are designed to allow part-time students access to a wide range of Arts or Science subjects and ultimately graduate with a MA Arts or BSc Science degree from the University of Glasgow.