Adam Smith Business School is triple accredited by AACSB, AMBA and EQUIS
Accreditation is awarded to universities which offer both a high standard of teaching and a high quality degree:
- AACSB focuses on overall quality and continuous improvement of our degree programmes. Only 29 business schools in the UK are currently accredited.
- EQUIS accreditation is one of the most important benchmarks available to business schools. Institutions accredited by EQUIS must demonstrate not only excellence in teaching, the student experience, research and outreach; but also a high degree of internationalisation and interaction with the corporate world. This recognition reflects our commitment to providing a quality learning experience for our students and the excellence of our academic staff.
- Association of MBAs (AMBA) is the global standard for all MBA, DBA and Masters degrees, accrediting programmes from the top 2% of business schools in over 70 countries.
Our students’ path into the accounting profession will be made easier by the accredited status awarded to all versions of our BAcc degree by all major UK professional accountancy bodies. This means that students are eligible for significant exemptions from the professional examinations of the following bodies:
- Institute of Chartered Accountants in Scotland (ICAS)
- Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and wales (ICAEW)
- Association of Chartered Certified Accountants
- Chartered Institute of Management Accountants
- Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy
As a result, accreditation provides a head start against graduates of other disciplines in the process of qualifying as a professional accountant.
We are also an approved CIPD accredited centre for MA Business and Management and MSc International Human Resource Management and Development. Students benefit from a CIPD accredited student membership and graduate with a CIPD qualification which is regarded as the gold standard in the HR profession.
We are long standing members of:
This enables us to remain at the forefront of upcoming research opportunities, exchange learning and knowledge with other leading business schools and businesses, and support our academics to access the best professional development programmes.