We have one collection that contains material relating to the occult, witchcraft and demonology:
- Ferguson: books and manuscripts dating from the 15th century to the early 20th century, including a small but important group of books on magic and witchcraft
Relevant material may be found in other collections. To search across all our collections, by name or keyword, please use the rare books search (for printed material) and the manuscripts search (for unpublished material including notebooks, papers, photographs and drawings).
Web exhibitions featuring items from the Ferguson collection:
- The damned art: an exhibition of books relating to the history of witchcraft and demonology
- Edited by W.T. Stead Real Ghost Stories London: 1891 (Book of the Month: December 2007)
- Ghost Stories London: 1823 (Book of the Month: October 2001)
- Newes from Scotland Declaring the damnable life of Doctor Fian a notable sorcerer, who was burned at Edenbrough in Ianuarie last. London: 1591 (Book of the Month: August 2000)