Our enquiry services
We aim to answer enquiries within 20 working days, but over the past two years the pandemic has reduced the number of days we have been able to spend on site with our collections, which means that we currently have a significant backlog. All enquiries are answered. If you have a specific timeframe, do let us know and we will try to meet it.
We thank you for your patience and understanding at this time.
We are happy to answer simple enquiries about the collections we hold, or about the history of the University. This may include:
- Providing more detailed finding aids for our collections.
- Advising on the suitability of our holdings for your research.
- Directing you to other repositories suitable for your research.
- Searching our publications and databases.
- Providing limited facts and figures.
Please note that we are unable to provide valuations of your books or collections.
Guidance on how to make an enquiry is available on our Contact us page .
There is no charge for this service but if you wish to make a donation, you can use our secure online donation form. All gifts and donations, which go towards the cost of preserving the collections for future generations, are welcome.
If you choose to make a donation through our form, please follow these instructions:
'Donation Information' section:
- in the 'Designation' drop-down list, please select 'Other', and
- type 'Library Fund - Archives & Special Collections'.