Support for teaching: January 2021
Archives & Special Collections staff are currently working from home.
University of Glasgow staff are welcome to contact us to discuss the ways we can support your taught course. Please email us at: email@example.com
Virtual Collections Classroom
Our world class collections are available to support your students' learning and research.
Our Virtual Collections Classroom allows you to incorporate our heritage collections directly into your teaching session:
- Primary source handling sessions delivered via ceiling-mounted document camera.
- The camera can focus on objects as small as a matchbox and up to a metre and a half in width.
- Sessions can be streamed live via Zoom or other videoconferencing software, or can be recorded in advance for asynchronous viewing.
- Sessions can be recorded for later viewing via Moodle with closed captions (subtitles) and transcript using Echo360.
- The powerful camera set up allows students to peer over the shoulder of the handler, as they leaf through and discuss an early-printed book, medieval manuscript, or other item from our collections.
- Up to three items available per session, though inclusion will depend on condition of requested item.
- ASC staff available to assist with set up.
- Training on the use of the equipment is available.
- ASC staff may be available to contribute to session depending on availability
If you would like to book a VCC session or discuss options with us, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that all bookings are subject to change depending on Scottsh Government advice and restrictions.
We also make available sets of digitised resources from our collections to support taught courses across the College of Arts and College of Social Sciences.