Archives & Special Collections welcomes enquiries from anyone who wishes to donate material that supplements our core collecting areas.
Broadly, we seek to acquire:
- University of Glasgow and related records
- Material that enhances existing subject strengths within our Special Collections
- Records of Scottish business
- Records of Scottish theatre
Further details on what this covers can be found in our Archives & Special Collections collection development policy (pdf).
If you think that you have something that would interest us we would be happy to hear from you. Please follow these steps.
- Read through our Archives & Special Collections collection development policy to confirm the sort of material that we collect and if the material that you wish to offer fits in with our existing collections.
- Read our standard terms and conditions. We prefer to receive deposits as gifts and for ownership of collections and items to be transferred to the University of Glasgow.
- If you still think that we would be interested, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with as much information as possible so we may consider your offer.
- Please include a brief description of the material and its content, its format and quantity.
- If possible please include a photograph of the material with this description.
- Please also let us know when you acquired the material, and if you know anything about its history before then.
Our Collection Development Team meet regularly to discuss offers. The information that you supply will be passed on to the Team for consideration and we will be in touch with you following the next scheduled meeting to convey their decision.
Please be aware that we are unable to accept all of the offers that we receive. Nevertheless, the Collection Development Team will be able to assess the material’s research potential and may be able to suggest where it would be better suited if not with us.