The history of science, including astronomy, is well represented in our collections. See especially:
- Simson: contains many early astronomical texts, from the library of Robert Simson (1687-1768)
- Hunterian: wide ranging collection, particularly good for medieval and Renaissance science in general.
To search across all our collections, by name or keyword, please use the rare books search (for printed material) and the manuscripts search (for unpublished material including notebooks, papers, photographs and drawings).
Web exhibitions relating to astronomy:
- Revolutions in Astronomy: a selection of historical texts and material relating to Professors of Astronomy at the University of Glasgow
- Robert Simson's mathematical material: for more background on the Simson Collection (October 2008)
- Copernicus: De revolutionibus (April 2008)
- A volume of fifteenth-century astronomical works (August 1999)