A collection of nineteen music scores originally from Traquair House in Peeblesshire, ranging in date from 1694 to 1743. They include arrangements for the harpsichord by William Babell (1690 (ca.)-1723) and excerpts from Handel’s operas. The majority have a John Walsh (d. 1736) imprint and several are rare editions.
The scores were donated to the Library in 1948 by Francis Maxwell Stuart, then proprietor of Traquair House.