Opening hours and admission
Occasionally opening hours can change at short notice.
- Friday 10th January: spaces available 10am-3pm
- Monday 13th January: spaces available 1pm-5pm
- Wednesday 15th January: space available 1pm-5pm
- Friday 24th January: spaces available 12pm-5pm
- Tuesday 11th February: spaces available 1pm-5pm
- Wednesday 12th February: spaces available 1pm-5pm
- Monday 2nd March: closed all day
- Friday 13th March: spaces available 12.30pm-5pm
- Monday 23rd March: spaces available 9.30am-1.30pm
- Wednesday 25th March: spaces available 2pm-5pm
- Friday 10th April: closed all day (public holiday)
- Monday 14th April: closed all day (public holiday)
Visiting Archive Services
Admission is free to all: every member of the University, visiting researchers and members of the public are welcome to use the collections. We suggest that you download our Visitor Pack which will help you to prepare for your visit and includes a version of the campus map specifically indicating the locations of our buildings.
Appointments are strongly advised, and are essential for using the ground–level searchroom.
Order slip collection times are currently 9.45am (Monday-Thursday), 10.15am, 11am, 11.30am, 2pm, 2.30pm, 3.15pm and 4pm.
If you make an appointment, we may be able to have items ready for you when you arrive.
Documents must be returned at least 15 mins before closing time.
Monday: 09.30 - 17.00
Tuesday: 09.30 - 17.00
Wednesday: 09.30 - 17.00
Thursday: 09.30 - 17.00
Friday: 10.00 - 17.00
We operate two searchrooms. Our main searchroom is on the 2nd floor of our building at 13 Thurso Street, up 4 flights of stairs (43 steps). There is level access throughout the 2nd floor, and 2 toilets off the tea-room. We also operate a ground-level search room in our Dumbarton Road building, with 2 toilets and an accessible toilet facility close to the searchroom.
Further information about accessing our buildings is available in our accessibility section.
While our searchroom service is provided free of charge, the University is grateful for donations to help maintain and preserve the collections. Donations can be made in cash or by cheque in the searchroom, or you can use our secure online donation form.