We are happy to answer simple enquiries about the history of the University or the archives we hold. This is covered by our enquiry service.
This research service is for enquiries that we estimate will take over 30 minutes to answer. Our fee for this service is GBP 50 per hour (minimum 30 minutes) which includes:
- An Archive Services staff member to undertake your research.
- Up to four A4 photocopies (where appropriate).
- Postage of your research report and up to four A4 copies.
It does not include:
- Value Added Tax (VAT) at 20% (where applicable).
- Extra photocopies, postage or other reprographic service charges where applicable.
- Reproduction fees for use of images or quotes in publications or broadcasts.
- Complete the online research service enquiry form.
- We will identify the potentially-relevant archive items and estimate how long it would take to check them. We will send you a Research Plan and an Estimate for the cost, within 20 working days of receipt of your form.
- Once you have accepted and returned both the Research Plan and Estimate, the research will go ahead and you will be invoiced.
- You will have the option of paying the Invoice, in Pounds Sterling, by cash, cheque, Mastercard or Visa credit card, or bank transfer (online payment is not currently available but the options are being investigated).
- Within 20 working days of accepting the Plan and Estimate, you will receive your Research Report and (where appropriate) up to 4 photocopies.
When commissioning research, please remember that our expertise does not necessarily cover your particular subject in depth. Please formulate your request carefully to seek particular facts and avoid using overly technical language unless requesting searches for specific technical terms.