We are happy to answer simple enquiries that relate to the history of the University or about the archives we hold. This may include:
- Providing limited facts and figures.
- Advising on the suitability of our holdings for your research.
- Directing you to other repositories suitable for your research.
- Supplying copies of standard advice leaflets.
- Searching our publications and databases.
There is no charge for this service but if you wish to make a donation, you can use our secure online donation form. All gifts and donations, which go towards the cost of preserving the archives for future generations, are welcome.
Before sending your enquiry we recommend you look at our A-Z of research guides. These contain the answers to many frequently asked questions.
If we estimate that it will take more than 30 minutes to answer an enquiry, we may offer these options:
- For no charge you, or a friend, may visit to undertake the research.
- You may privately commission a researcher to undertake work on your behalf. The Association of Scottish Genealogists and Researchers in Archives provide a list of their members willing to undertake research.
- You may use our research service for a charge of GBP 50 per hour plus VAT where applicable.
University of Glasgow staff should note that a University history service is available exclusively to them.