The Blackhouse Charters are the oldest surviving records held by the fourth oldest University in the United Kingdom. Of national and international significance, they relate to the Blackfriars property - one of the earliest and most significant Crown grants of ecclesiastical land made in 16th century Scotland. Charters date from the 14th century and the reign of Robert the Bruce. As a consequence of the post-reformation settlement in Scotland the properties were given to the University of Glasgow and these documents were proof of the University’s rights.
The Glasgow Guardian Digital Archive website makes available high-resolution scans of every student newspaper produced at the University from 1932 to 1935 and 1955 to 2007. Initially known as the Gilmorehill Globe, then the Gilmorehill Guardian, the newspaper acquired its current name, the Glasgow University Guardian, in 1959.