Work placements on the Musicology Masters will build on the experience of our pre-existing MLitt (Music Industries) programme, during which students have typically undertaken placements (about two days a week) lasting from January until March.
These have been with a range of music organisations and small music businesses in and around Glasgow.
Organisations have included:
- Musicians’ Union
- Scottish Music Centre
- Scottish Music Industry Association
In these cases, students have undertaken research and written reports on issues of importance to their members.
Business projects have included:
- record labels (Mungo’s Hifi, Chemikal Underground)
- venues (Stereo, Platform, Queen Margaret Union and The Sub Club),
- radio and tv production companies (Neon)
- digital distributors (EMU Bands)
- online broadcasters (Inner Ear)
A number of Masters students have continued to work with their placement providers after completion of the course-related placement and report.