Check your eligiblilty for adjusted entry requirements
Check our adjusted entry requirements
Download the 2023 Adjusted entry booklet
Adjusted Entry Requirements and Contextual Admissions
The University of Glasgow is committed to widening access. We believe all applicants should have an equal chance of entry and we strive to identify talent and potential, regardless of background or life circumstance. To enable this, we operate a system of contextualised admissions for applicants living in Scotland. This means we consider all circumstances faced by individual applicants, which may have prevented them meeting our standard entry requirements and make adjusted offers of entry accordingly.
Widening participation applicants
Applicants who are GUARANTEED an adjusted offer are those who can meet the adjusted entry requirements in S5 or S6 and:
- Live in an SIMD decile 1-4 (MD20/40) Scottish postcode area
- Have care experience
- Are estranged from family and living without family support
- Are seeking asylum in the UK
- Have refugee status
- Are a carer (provide unpaid care)
Applicants made an adjusted offer will successfully complete one of our credit rated University of Glasgow pre-entry programmes:
- Top-Up Programme (completed during school year)
- Summer School (completed in June/July over 4 weeks)
- Reach (Access to Dentistry, Law,Medicine, Veterinary Medicine: completed during school year)
- Access to a Career (Accountancy & Finance, Education, Engineering: completed during school year)
- University Experience Week and Sutton Trust Summer School (completed in June/July)
Successful completion of a programme may lead to an adjusted offer of entry.
Our research shows that students who successfully complete one of these programmes perform at a higher standard than comparable students at the University.
We may also accept successful completion of a comparable pre-entry programme at
another university instead of a University of Glasgow programme.