Popular Music: Music Industries
The Music Industries Placement
Students on the MLitt in The Music Industries programme spend part of semester 2 on placement with a one of a number of Music Industries related employers conducting research on their behalf as part of a dedicated placement.
This provides students with experience of a work environment within the Music Industries or related industries and allows them to critically reflect upon practice within those industries.
The aims of the placement are to:
- Develop/enhance skills in Music Industries' practices.
- Develop amongst students a reflective approach to Music Industries work.
- Provide a structured context within which theories relating to the Music Industries can be explored and related to practice.
- Develop students' critical approach to Music Industries practices.
- Explore problem-solving within the Music Industries.
- Chemikal Underground
- DF Concerts
- Glasgow International Jazz Festival
- Mungo’s Hi-Fi / Scotch Bonnet Records
- Musicians Union
- Open Ear Music
- PM Promotions
- Scottish Music Centre
- Scottish Music Industry Association
- Soma Records
Please note that while we endeavour to match students’ interests with their placement, we cannot guarantee that students will get placements with a particular employer or that all the organisations listed above will offer placements in any particular year.