Divinity Hall Library
A substantial collection of early printed books from the library of the University of Glasgow’s Divinity Hall, including a donation by William Leechman (1706-1785), Principal of the University.
Divinity Hall was incorporated into Trinity College Library, following the reunion of the Church of Scotland and the United Free Church of Scotland in 1929. It returned to the University with the rest of the College Library in 1974.
Records for most of the collection are not yet included on the rare books search. Some modern duplicates have been withdrawn.
How to find material in the Divinity Hall Library collection
- The Divinity Hall collection has been incorporated into Trinity College Library; however, many items are as yet uncatalogued and therefore details are not available via the rare books search (use printed catalogues listed below instead)
- A number of contemporary catalogues of the collection are held in Special Collections: Catalogue of the books in the private collection belonging to the cives and students of the Divinity Hall in the University of Glasgow, including Principal Leechman’s donation (Glasgow, 1821); New ed. (1860) ; First supplement (1869)