Reading Room Regulations
Please adhere to these regulations during your visit to our Reading Rooms:
- All users are asked to be considerate of all other individuals within ASC spaces.
- Readers are not permitted to remove any collection items from the Reading Rooms.
- If you require any assistance handling any items, please ask the Reading Room supervisor. In particular please do not fold, lean on, mark, or damage any items.
- Use the supports provided for consulting bound volumes. If you are consulting original photographs, illuminated manuscripts, or objects please use the gloves provided.
- Keep items in the order they are produced to you.
- Please help us by informing the Reading Room supervisor if any item appears to be damaged, missing, or out of place.
- Please inform the Reading Room supervisor when you are ready to leave.
- The Reading Rooms are designated for quiet research; please keep conversations to a minimum wherever possible.
- If you require online access, please bring your own laptop or tablet. Whilst ASC staff will be able to assist with searching online discovery tools, using your own device is recommended.
- Many of our collections may be photographed for personal study. Please ask ASC staff if you wish to take pictures.