Reading Room Regulations
Please adhere to these regulations during your visit to our Reading Rooms:
- All users are expected to be abide by the University's procedures to promote health and safety, and minimise the risks for the transmission of Covid-19. This includes following directions from ASC staff and informational signage relating to the use of face coverings, physical distancing, queuing, direction of travel, and hand hygiene.
- In line with University guidance, all users are asked to wear a face covering when standing in and moving through ASC spaces, and when within 2 metres of others (ASC staff will respect exemptions for those unable to use face coverings).
- All users are asked to be considerate of all other individuals within ASC spaces.
- Readers are not permitted to remove any collection items from the Reading Rooms.
- If you require any assistance handling any items, please ask the Reading Room supervisor. In particular please do not fold, lean on, mark, or damage any items.
- Please use the supports provided for consulting bound volumes. If you are consulting original photographs, illuminated manuscripts, or objects please use the gloves provided.
- Please keep items in the order they are produced to you. Please help us by informing the Reading Room supervisor if any item appears to be damaged, missing, or out of place.
- Please return your items to the designated quarantine trolley when you are finished consulting them.
- Please inform the Reading Room supervisor when you wish to leave.
- The Reading Rooms are designated for quiet research; please keep conversations to a minimum wherever possible.
- If you require online access, please bring your own laptop or tablet. Whilst ASC staff will be able to assist with searching online discovery tools, using your own device is recommended.
- Many of our collections may be photographed for personal study. Please ask ASC staff if you wish to take pictures.