- Accessing your drives at home: use the Remote Desktop Service
- Arts IT support - jobs should be submitted online or:
- by calling extension 2200/6342 if you are unable to submit a supportworks request
- by Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- through a remote session on your PC using our TeamViewer application
- Assessment of workstation
- Changes to IT equipment: please email email@example.com if any IT equipment is allocated to a different member of staff or a different office, or if it is disposed of - the Asset register with then be updated.
- Cloud policy: use Office365!
- Digital accessibility guidance
- GU's acceptable use policy with regards to ICT
- IT Helpdesk: Contact IT Support if you have PC problems or a query. You will need your GUID to log on.
- IT Training: Choose a taught or online course in useful applications like word processing, presentations, Endnote, BI-Query and teaching aids.
- Moodle: all School Moodle pages
- Owncloud: research file sharing - Owncloud provides secure on-campus storage for staff research data which can be securely shared with researcher collaborators at other institutions via UK access federated sign-in
- Printer problems: any issues with the printers or copiers should be reported directly to Arts IT Support on ext 2200 or via the online support form. For printer guides, see http://www.gla.ac.uk/staff/printing/
Pull printing has now been installing on SSD Remote, allowing you to print to any MFD/printer on campus from within an application on SSD Remote.
- Sharing files or https://www.wetransfer.com/
- Staff email: Access your email via the web
- Telephone system: The phone’s basic features guide is designed to get you started.
For more information about the phone’s functions, including setting up voicemail, conference calls and setting up your own personal directory, click the links below to download the guides.
In case of problems, you should contact the IT helpdesk by logging the issue at the self service login:www.gla.ac.uk/services/it/helpdesk/
- University's lecture recording policy / requesting lecture recording
- WiFi: Eduroam is secure, world-wide roaming access service developed for the international research and education community. You can access it via laptop, mobile or tablet device. This also enables you to visit another participating institution and gain access to the Internet without having to register for another username and password.
- Instant Visitor Wi-Fi accounts: University staff can now create a Wi-Fi account for their Glasgow campus visitor through the MyGlasgow Portal (see bottom link under 'Services' - image on right hand side). This provides visitors with flexibility of a Wi-Fi account starting now or at a future date. Further info
Templates for stationery, presentations, signage, posters and certificates are available on the Corporate Communications web pages, together with the University's brand toolkit at www.gla.ac.uk/staff/brandguidelines/toolkit/
The School marque is available at: www.gla.ac.uk/staff/brandguidelines/toolkit/universitymarqueandsub-identities/
- use BMP or PNG files for any Word documents or Powerpoint presentations;
- EPS files are mainly used by professional designers and cannot be viewed in Microsoft Office packages.