- Arts IT support: should you have any IT related queries or issues please Arts IT Supportsubmitted on the IT Helpdesk or:
- Phone: 0141 330 2200
- Mobile: 07816588133
- Email: email@example.com
- Helpdesk: https://helpdesk.arts.gla.ac.uk
- Assessment of workstation
- Changes to IT equipment: please email firstname.lastname@example.org if any IT equipment is allocated to a different member of staff or a different office, or if it is disposed of - the Asset register with then be updated.
- Cloud policy: use Office365!
- Digital accessibility guidance
- Emailing groups of students
- Glasgow Anywhere Desktop
- ICT Code of Conduct
- IT Helpdesk: Contact IT Support if you have PC problems or a query. You will need your GUID to log on.
- IT Training: Choose a taught or online course in useful applications like word processing, presentations, Endnote, BI-Query and teaching aids.
- Lecture recording
- Moodle: all School Moodle pages
- Printer problems: any issues with the printers or copiers should be reported directly to Arts IT Support on ext 2200 or via the online support form. For printer guides, see http://www.gla.ac.uk/staff/printing/
- Sharing files
- Staff email: Access your email via the web or app
- Telephone system: The phone’s basic features guide is designed to get you started.
For more information about the phone’s functions, including setting up voicemail, conference calls and setting up your own personal directory, download the guides: Quick start guide to 6921 IP Phone and switchboard phone
In case of problems, you should contact the IT helpdesk by logging the issue at the self service login: www.gla.ac.uk/services/it/helpdesk/
- Visual identity: templates for stationery, presentations, signage, posters and certificates are available on the Corporate Communications web pages, together with the University's brand toolkit at www.gla.ac.uk/staff/brandguidelines/toolkit/
The School marque is available at: www.gla.ac.uk/staff/brandguidelines/toolkit/universitymarqueandsub-identities/
- use BMP or PNG files for any Word documents or Powerpoint presentations;
- EPS files are mainly used by professional designers and cannot be viewed in Microsoft Office packages.
- WiFi: Eduroam is secure, world-wide roaming access service developed for the international research and education community. You can access it via laptop, mobile or tablet device. This also enables you to visit another participating institution and gain access to the Internet without having to register for another username and password.
- Wi-Fi accounts for visitors: University staff can now create a Wi-Fi account for their Glasgow campus visitor through the MyGlasgow Portal (see bottom link under 'Services' - image on right hand side). This provides visitors with flexibility of a Wi-Fi account starting now or at a future date. Further info
A new system will be put in place in the near future.