Organising seminars and other events / meetings
- Applying for funding: please see funding sources under 'research' section below.
- contact Christelle for advice on opening a new budget centre.
- Choose a room: details of facilities across campus with photos - please contact email@example.com to book these rooms (but they can't help with booking a room for teaching: please contact your L&T administrator in that case!)
- Book catering from Hospitality Services. Full menus and prices available here. Humanitiesfirstname.lastname@example.org can assist with the booking!
- Images: of University buildings, students etc. from the GU Photo Library (contact Christelle for access to this page)
- Events guide
- Campus Map
- Ordering promotional bags: the Recruitment Marketing team in External Relations has teamed up with the University Shop to offer a new promotional bag for events and giveaways. The non-woven polypropylene (NWPP) bag is fully branded and includes the World Changers Welcome messaging and tower graphic – you might already have seen it being used on Open Day. All requests for promotional bags should be made via the University Shop by emailing: email@example.com The bags are available at 80p (including VAT) per unit and the University Shop requires a minimum of 1 week’s notice from order to delivery.
- Conference registration: Eventbrite should be used - please contact Christelle for help with this.
How can I promote my event?
The School events calendar is run through Google Calendar.
If you have a School-related event to promote then please email the School Web Editor including the following details:
- Event title
- Date, time and venue
- Event details
- Who to contact for more info
- Subject Area (if none is specified it will be added as a School-wide event)
Thanks to the Google Calendar functionality, School events automatically appear on the College of Arts'google calendar too, so there's no need to contact them separately.
- University: If you wish you are welcome to:
- College: 'What's on in the College of Arts': send details of any public facing events to firstname.lastname@example.org. A fortnighly email is sent to all newsletter subscribers . Activities that aren’t open to the public can also be sent, and will be included in the internal weekly listings.
The University of Glasgow brand identity has five component parts. Combined they make us instantly recognisable and communicate who we are:
- Our marque
- Our colour palette
- Our photographic approach
- Our typefaces
- Our tone of voice
There are a limited number of stands available for use and although there is no hire charge, we would advise booking them as soon as you are aware of the date.
Photographic Unit: poster printing, arranging photography
All poster printing is done using ‘true’ photographic materials and not laser or inkjet. Images printed using photographic materials look better and last a lot longer. They offer posters from A3 and up to A0 poster size. The poster service is well established and is an excellent choice when you really want to impress at a conference or event.
The Print Unit provides printing services to all University departments, its wider partners, staff, students and external customers.
Where to find images
The Communications Office has a password-protected marketing communications photo library covering a wide range of subjects, from buildings to student life.
If you have marketing responsibilities, please contact: email@example.com for more details.
The University, through a design framework tender exercise, has appointed a roster of approved suppliers for design services.