Fantasy at Glasgow
Fantasy at Glasgow brings together world-leading experts and a vibrant community of taught and research postgraduate students working on Fantasy and the Fantastic in all its manifestations.
We boast the world's first ever MLitt in Fantasy Literature, established by Dr Rob Maslen in 2015, and we host regular visiting speakers and research events, including the Glasgow International Fantasy Conversations (GIFCon).
- The Fantastic History of the Twentieth Century
- Myth, Legend, Folklore and Fairy Tales
- Theorizing the Fantastic
- Imaginary Languages
- Children’s Fantasy
- Energy Imaginaries, Past, Present and Future
- Fantasy in the Anthropocene
- Evaporated Genres (Speculative Fiction, Science Fiction, the Weird)
- Fantasy Across Media (Film, Comics, Games, Fan Cultures, Illustration)
- Science Fiction and Medical Humanities
- Gothic and Supernatural Fiction