We recognise the world is facing a climate emergency and urgent action is needed. We are committed to achieving carbon neutrality by 2030 and raising public understanding of climate change and the challenges it represents for humanity.
Our response to the climate emergency
Centre for Sustainable Solutions
Our climate commitments
- 2014: the first UK university to declare it would divest from fossil fuels within a decade
- 2017: signed the Sustainable Development Goals Accord
- 2019: first University in Scotland to declare a climate emergency
- 2020: opened the Centre for Sustainable Solutions
- 2020: published our response to the Climate Emergency 'Glasgow Green'
- 2021: launched new plan to cut carbon emissions from business travel by 7.5% each year
13 ways our research is addressing the net zero challenge
Glasgow degrees related to sustainability and the environment