Join our world changers
International Partnership Programmes
- Economic Development & Social Change (Glasgow - Radboud)
- Euro-Asian MBA-MSc Programme (Universiti Sains Malaysia) Malaysia
- Euro- Asian MBA-MSc Programme (Universiti Malaya) Malaysia
- Euro-Asian MBA-MSc Programme (Institut Teknologi Bandung) Indonesia
- International Business - Development Studies (Radboud - Glasgow)
- The Financial University
Learn about our subjects
Accounting & Finance
Accounting & Finance at the University of Glasgow has earned a high reputation for quality with academics and professionals. We have a long and distinguished history of research and teaching Accounting & Finance dating back nearly 100 years. Building on the legacy of Adam Smith, we continue to conduct world changing research and teaching to make a positive impact on business, culture and society.
As an accounting and finance postgraduate student you will benefit from our:
- Excellent financial databases including Bloomberg, WRDS Compustat, CRSP, Datastream, Boardex, FAME and Thomson ONE
- Sophisticated statistical software packages
- dedicated computer labs, study spaces and the Wards library
- Inspiring Leaders Talks where you will meet and learn from outstanding professionals and experts
- Knowledge exchange activities with leading firms and institutions in the accounting and finance professions such as the IASB, Bank of England, KPMG Deloitte and EY
Economics at Glasgow is proud to continue Adam Smith’s legacy by building new ideas on his fundamental theories and applying them to the modern economy and corporate landscape. Our postgraduate degrees stem from one of two centres: Graduate Centre for Economic Development and Graduate Centre for Economic and Financial Studies
Our economics academics have an established reputation in advising and consulting public and private sector bodies, such as IMF and World Bank, Scottish Fiscal Commission, and central banks to inform economic and development policies. This experience is fed into our teaching, enabling students to understand how our research, and what they are learning, has a direct impact on the economy.
We are recognised for research excellence in these three key areas:
- Macroeconomics, development and international economics, which informs policy making at the highest level
- Microeconomic theory, which seeks to understand the profound fundamental incentives and complex interactions of consumers and households
- Finance, which ranges from the pricing of financial products to international corporate finance in a continuously evolving global capital market.
Studying with us means you will acquire valuable skills which are in high demand in the job market - most of our courses have an applied focus and we use our computing facilities and databases such as MATLAB and C++ as well as a Bloomberg lab to simulate trading in financial markets.
The Adam Smith Business School offers a range of one year management MSc degrees, with a strong emphasis on research-led teaching. Named after Adam Smith, who studied and was a Professor here at the University of Glasgow, we aim to follow his legacy and create world changing research to make a positive impact on culture and society.
We have been teaching management at the University of Glasgow since the 1950s. Our postgraduate degrees aim to develop our students into strategic thinkers capable of tackling complex business challenges across a range of management functions. Our international teaching staff have a wide range of experience both inside and outside the classroom which helps ensure that students gain a wide perspective of the management field.
We have strong industry connections and host multiple guest lectures and business events throughout the year, featuring influential business people and entrepreneurs from start-ups, SMEs and global corporations. Most recently, the School has hosted talks delivered by The Big Issue, BBC and the Central Bank of Iceland.
Our postgraduate taught degrees aim to suit: those who either have a degree in business and management, with possibly some experience and want to specialise in a specific field, or those whose academic background is not in business but want to gain a broad understanding of management.
Postgraduate taught degrees
Postgraduate taught degrees
- Behavioural Science [MSc]
- Corporate Governance & Accountability [MSc]
- Data Analytics for Economics & Finance [MSc]
- Development Studies [MSc]
- Economic Development (with Finance & Policy Pathways) [MSc]
- Economics [MRes]
- Economics, International Banking & Finance [MSc]
- Environment & Sustainable Development [MSc]
- Finance & Management [MSc]
- Financial Economics [MSc]
- Financial Modelling & Investment [MSc]
- Financial Risk Management [MSc]
- Financial Technology [MSc]
- International Accounting & Financial Management [MAcc]
- International Business [MSc]
- International Corporate Finance & Banking [MSc]
- International Finance [MFin]
- International Financial Analysis [MSc]
- International Human Resource Management & Development [MSc]
- International Management & Design Innovation [MSc]
- International Strategic Marketing [MSc]
- Investment Banking & Finance [MSc]
- Management [MSc]
- Management [MRes]
- Management & Sustainable Tourism [MSc]
- Management with Enterprise & Business Growth [MSc]
- Management with Human Resources [MSc]
- Management with International Finance [MSc]
- Marketing [MSc/PgDip/PgCert: Online distance learning]
- Master of Global Business [MGB]
- MBA (Master of Business Administration) [MBA]
- Quantitative Finance [MSc]