What is it?
A standard certifying letter confirms your personal information, programme information and study fees. You can use it to confirm your status as a registered student, or for proof of address.
Who is it for?
This facility is available to fully registered and Graduates/former students.
What it contains
A standard certifying letter containing the information below can be downloaded from your MyCampus Student Centre.
The letter contains:
- Your student number
- Your name
- The name and duration of your course, current year of study and mode of attendance
If you require more information than is available on the standard letter, please apply for a Certifying Letter using the instructions below, detailing your additional requirements.
If you require a Certifying Letter because you are applying for a visa to The Netherlands then please be aware that this cannot be produced at the Student Service Desk while you wait. Please apply for a Certifying Letter using the instructions below, being sure to note that your letter is for a Netherlands visa and the date of your appointment with the Consulate (if known) in the additional requirements section of the application form. We will endeavour to produce this Certifying Letter for you before your appointment.
Cost & payment options
- Currently registered students: No charge(up to a maximum of 5 copies)
- Former students and graduates: £10.00 for first copy plus £1.00 for each additional copy per request
- By credit/debit card: Telephone +44 (0)141 330 7000. (Please note: No payments can be taken after 4pm). The University does not accept American Express or Diners Club.)
- By cheque: payable to 'University of Glasgow', by post or in person at the Student Services Enquiry Desk - (Please note: No payments can be taken after 4pm).
- By cash: in person at the Student Services Enquiry Desk - (Please note: No payments can be taken after 4pm) Please do not send cash in the post.
- By post: Using this Payment Form - send to Student Services Enquiry Team, University of Glasgow, Fraser Building, Glasgow, G12 8QQ (Payment forms cannot be submitted by email).
How to apply
Full instructions are provided on page 2 of the Certifying Letter Application Form. You will need to:
- Complete a Certifying Letter Application Form and send to us as detailed on the form. We can accept application forms by email or mail.
- If you are a former student and you have submitted your application form via email you will receive an automated confirmation of receipt within 15 minutes. Once you have received this email you can call us to make a payment over the phone on +44 (0) 141 330 7000. We accept Visa or Mastercard.
- Alernatively, complete a Payment Form and post it to us. Please note for compliance we cannot accept payment forms by email.
- Alternatively you may visit the Service Desk on level 2 of the Fraser Building and apply in person. We can take payments at the desk Monday to Friday: 0900 - 1600, except Wednesday when we open slightly later at 0930.