Absence from the University

Absence from the University

Making a request

Please submit requests through the UofG Helpdesk.

Type " CoSS Graduate School" into the search bar on the UofG Helpdesk landing page, and select "PGR Student Absence"

Please see Guide to requesting an absence from the University via UofG Helpdesk (PDF).

You are advised to contact your supervisor and School PGR administrator before submitting the online form to discuss the best course of action if your request is of sensitive nature or if you are unsure about the appropriate length of your absence.

Please contact the Graduate School with any questions or concerns.

Reasons for requests

Requests can be submitted for:

  • Annual Leave (applicable to all PGRs)
  • Research Furth of Glasgow (full/part time PGRs only) 
  • Suspension of Studies (applicable to all PGRs)

 Supplementary forms and information

Information for Student/Tier 4 visa holders

Please note that Student/Tier 4 visa holders who are granted a suspension of more than 60 days are required to leave the UK for the duration of the absence. The University will report the change in circumstances and withdrawn sponsorship of your visa. You will be required to apply for a new visa when ready to return to study.