College of Social Sciences
University of Glasgow
College Student Support and Graduate School Office
Room 104, Florentine House
53 Hillhead Street
Office Opening Hours: Monday to Friday from 09:00-17:00
Access: Please enter through the side door on Gibson Street
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include your GUID in all communication.
The Graduate School Team
Dr Duncan Ross Dean of Graduate Studies
Professor Robbie Paton Deputy Dean of Graduate Studies
|Billy Howie||0141-330-4551||Graduate School Manager|
|Mark Hinds||0141-330-1990||Administrative Assistant|
|Terri Hume||0141-330-3007||Administrative Assistant|
|Catherine Murphy||0141-330-1990||Administrative Assistant|
|Jennifer Porch||0141-330-3021||Administrative Assistant|
|William Shirriffs||0141-330-4725||Administrative Assistant|
|Linda Thomson||0141-330-2514||Administrative Assistant|
Who to contact
Our broad areas of responsibility are:
- Billy Howie: PGR & PGT Appeals, Graduate School Principal Web Publisher, PG Committees
- Mark Hinds: Thesis submission and Examination, PGR extensions, Medical Leave, Leave of Absence and Visiting Researcher applications.
- Terri Hume: Ethics Committee, Forms, Supervisor and Reviewer Training, Disability Co-ordinator.
- Catherine Murphy: Thesis submission and Examination, PGR extensions, Medical Leave, Leave of Absence and Visiting Researcher applications.
- Jennifer Porch: Research Training Courses, PGR Induction, Research Furth Applications and Researcher Development Programme.
- William Shirriffs: Finance, Scholarships, Researcher Development Programme and Graduate School Web.
- Linda Thomson: PGR Tier 4 attendance monitoring, CAS for Visa Extension Applications, Doctoral Extension Scheme, PGR Annual Progress, Suspension of Studies and Student Record Management.
Please direct all initial enquiries to Graduate School (Please include your Campus ID all communication).