Postgraduate Research Convenor
Professor Moira Munro
Our thriving PhD student community is well integrated with the research culture of the subject area.
We provide a supportive environment to our students in a number of ways, including:
- A popular seminar series through which a diverse set of internationally recognised speakers present their current research and/or policy thinking;
- A workshop series through which staff and students present early thinking about research proposals and papers in a supportive and critical environment;
- An annual away-day planned by students in conjunction with the Doctoral Convenor to explore issues related to PhD completion and developing skills for future employment;
- Individual postgraduate review panels at which the Doctoral Convenor and individual supervisors can meet to discuss progress with each student;
- CV development, through opportunities to tutor at Undergraduate Level, teach at Undergraduate and Postgraduate Level and to actively participate in research projects.
Each full-time student is entitled to:
- Dedicated office space
- A computer and full IT support
- Access to unrivalled library facilities.
Our staff provide supervision in all areas across urban research, real estate and planning, and public policy. We are active supporters of interdisciplinary research and most staff are involved in providing supervision to students alongside colleagues from other disciplines.
We support students studying both full-time and part-time and our current students are funded through diverse sources including the ESRC, Adam Smith Research Foundation, the Glasgow Centre for Population Health, the Steve Tiesdell Student Endowment Fund, own employers and self-funding. Many of our international students bring governmental sponsorships.