How to apply
How to apply
Applications for postgraduate research qualifications
Application submission deadlines
Research programmes and training courses begin in September each year. Application submission deadlines for 2019 entry are:
Applicants from the UK/EU - Friday 23 August 2019
- Postgraduate Research Tuition Fees
- College of Social Sciences Student Funding Opportunites
- Scholarships and Funding
- Two letters of reference: At least one reference must be academic and the other can be academic or professional. Your references should be on official headed paper and signed by the referee. Please see further guidance for submitting references.
- Transcripts and certificates: Final or current degree transcript (and an official translation, if required) - scanned copy in colour of the original document.
- Research Proposal: Please consult the Research Proposal Guidelines.
- English Language Certificate: Applicants whose first language is not English are required to include evidence of their English Language ability. College of Social Sciences English language requirements for PhD should be a minimum IELTS score of 7.0 with no sub test less than 6.5 or equivalent. You may also find further English for Academic Study information helpful.
Please submit applications via the University of Glasgow Online Application System - How to apply for a research degree
Applications for taught postgraduate qualifications
- How to apply for a taught degree
- Taught degree programmes A‑Z provides programme structure, career prospects, fees & funding and entry requirements including application deadlines and English language requirements specific to each programme.
Visiting researcher applications
We welcome applications from PhD students registered at other Universities who wish to spend time studying at the University of Glasgow with an academic member of staff who has interests in your research area.
To apply please contact the member of staff you would like to work with enclosing your CV and details of your research plans. You can use the research search tool to look for key words to find supervisors who share your research interests.
If you receive informal support you will be asked to submit an application to the University to be accepted as a visiting researcher.
Tuition fees are applicable pro rata for the period you will spend at the University of Glasgow.
Visiting Research Policy and application