The School of Mathematics and Statistics has a wide range of links with businesses and industry, and in July 2017, we formed our Industrial Advisory Board. The initial task of the Board is to advise us on our provision of postgraduate MSc courses in Statistics and Data Analytics, to advise on our undergraduate work placement programme and to help shape future developments in teaching and research.
The Advisory Board has the following remit:
- To advise on the School’s MSc provision in Statistics and Data Analytics and its relevance to employment needs;
- To advise the School on its research agenda and its potential for impact and industrial relevance;
- To assist in the identification of research and funding opportunities in the industrial, commercial and government spheres at all levels (including funding for postgraduate research students);
- To advise the School on its undergraduate provision;
- To participate, when available, in School career and engagement events.
Our industry links include :
- research collaborations, consultancy, training and other forms of knowledge exchange,
- partnerships to deliver impact from our research,
- supporting industrial placements,
- speaking at career and induction events within the school
Our goals are to
- strengthen on our existing industrial relationships as well as forming new ones, through collaborations on areas of current challenge;
- ensure that our graduates have attributes and skills which are relevant to industry.