The Treaty of Union, 1689-1740
- Karin Bowie, 'Popular opposition to the ratification of the treaty of Anglo-Scottish Union, 1706-7', Scottish History Society.
- Collected Works of Allan Ramsay Project, including an interactive map of eighteenth-century Edinburgh. Available here: https://www.gla.ac.uk/schools/critical/research/researchcentresandnetworks/robertburnsstudies/edinburghenlightenment/.
Open Access Articles
- Bowie, K. (2018) National opinion and the press in Scotland before the union of 1707. Scottish Affairs, 27(1), pp. 13-19. Available here: http://eprints.gla.ac.uk/152289/.
- Bowie, K. and Raffe, A. (2017) Politics, the people, and extra-institutional participation in Scotland, c. 1603-1712. Journal of British Studies, 56(4), pp. 797-815. Available here: http://eprints.gla.ac.uk/140607/.
- Bowie, K. (2015) A 1706 manifesto for an armed rising against incorporating union. Scottish Historical Review, 94(2), pp. 237-267. Available here: http://eprints.gla.ac.uk/108507/.
- Bowie, K. (2015) 'A legal limited monarchy': Scottish constitutionalism in the union of crowns, 1603-1707. Journal of Scottish Historical Studies, 35(2), pp. 131-154. Available here: http://eprints.gla.ac.uk/108510/.
- Bowie, K. (2015) Newspapers, the early modern public sphere and the 1704-5 Worcester affair. In: Benchimol, A., Brown, R. and Shuttleton, D. (eds.) Before Blackwood's: Scottish Journalism in the Age of Enlightenment.Series: The enlightenment world (29). Pickering & Chatto: London, pp. 9-20. Available here: http://eprints.gla.ac.uk/103037/.
- Bowie, K. (2012) 1707 and a Nation Divided on Union. Scotsman. Available here: http://eprints.gla.ac.uk/84179/.
- Bowie, K. (2012) New perspectives on pre-union Scotland. In: Devine, T.M. and Wormald, J. (eds.) The Oxford Handbook of Modern Scottish History. Series: Oxford handbooks. Oxford University Press: Oxford, pp. 303-319. Available here: http://eprints.gla.ac.uk/62030/.
- Bowie, K. (2008) Publicity, parties and patronage: parliamentary management and the ratification of the Anglo-Scottish union. Scottish Historical Review, 87(Sup 2), pp. 78-93. Available here: http://eprints.gla.ac.uk/40157/.