- US-UK collaboration: Integrating animal ecology, epidemiology, and human interests for strategic zoonosis management in a complex wildlife reservoir; BBSRC, £550k (2020-23).
- Cattle vaccination against malignant catarrhal fever: balancing pastoral livelihoods, food security and ecosystem integrity in the Serengeti, Tanzania; BBRSC, £223k (2020-21).
- Enhancing dengue fever surveillance in the Philippines; British Council (UK), £72k (2020-23).
- Mathematical tools to inform sustainable interventions against schistosomiasis infections in Uganda; Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC), £231k (2020-22).
- Healthy Lives - Malawi, Intergenerational family cohort of chronic conditions; Wellcome Trust, £4.4M (2019-24)
- Epidemiology meets biotechnology: preventing viral emergence from bats; Wellcome Trust, £1.9M (2019-24).
- Lost in translation. A study of the divergent mitochondrial translation pathway of the parasite Toxoplasma gondii; Welcome Trust, £924k (2019-24).
- Tracking isometamidium resistance in livestock trypanaosomes; BBSRC, £427K (2018-21)
- Supporting the National Action Plan for Antimicrobial Resistance (SNAP-AMR) in Tanzania; Medical Research Council (MRC), £3M (2018-21)
- Estimating the prevalence, quality and life, economic and societal impact of arthritis in Tanzania; National Institute for Health Research (NIHR), £1.9M (2018 -21).
- The Science of Rabies Elimination; Wellcome Trust, £2.3m (2017-22)
- Wellcome Centre for Molecular Parasitology renewal funding; Wellcome Trust, £8.3m (2014-21)
- Social, Economic and Environmental Drivers of Zoonoses in Tanzania (ZELS-SEEDZ); BBSRC & Department for International Development (DFID), £2.7m
- Brucellosis in Kenya - Modelling Transmission & Interventions Across Systems; BBSRC, £77k (2018-19).
- AfriqueOne ASPIRE; Wellcome Trust, £5m (2016)
- Development of novel, ‘green’ neuropeptide-based insect pest biocontrol tools across agriculture, horticulture and forestry (nEUROSTRESSPEP); Horizon 2020, £7m (2015-19)