- STRESS-MALAWI: strengthening resilience against sleeping sickness in Malawi; Medical Research Council (MRC), £299k (2022-24).
- Environmental solutions to reduce the risk of current and future tick-borne zoonotic pathogens in the UK; Natural Environment Research Council (NERC), £682k (2021-25).
- A One Health approach to understanding the epidemiology of Crimean-Congo Haemorrhagic Fever virus in Tanzania; Us Department of Defense (DOD), £59k (2021-22).
- Identifying mechanisms driving spatiotemporal disease dynamics in converted landscapes; Natural Environment Research Council (NERC), £580k (2021-26)
- Priming elimination of hepatitis C in SubSaharan Africa; Development of a treatment and bioresource network; Academy of Medical Sciences, £25k (2021-2022)
- Immunity development to human malaria; The Royal Society, £50k (2021-22)
- AI and InfraRed Spectroscopy to Accelerate Malaria Control; Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, £9k (2021-23)
- Metabolic plasma signatures and improved Schistosoma mansoni diagnostics of children from endemic areas in Cameroon: Identifying infection and morbidity markers; The Royal Society, £25k (2021-22)
- EPIC Centre of Expertise in Animal Disease Outbreaks; Scottish Government, £496k (2021-22)
- A One Health Approach to Understanding the Epidemiology of Crimean-Congo Haemorrhagic Fever virus in Tanzania; US Department of Defense, £41k (2021-22).
- SARS-CoV-2 infections in cats: assessing their zoonotic potential and role in sustaining the pandemic; BBSRC, £337k (2020-22)
- Development of next generation anti-malarials targeting the essential parasite protein kinase PfCLK3; MRC, £688k (2020-22).
- African COVID-19 Preparedness (AFRICO19); Wellcome Trust, £352k (2020-22).
- TransLeish: Fitness phenotyping of Leishmania transporter mutants; MRC, £435k (2020-23).
- US-UK collaboration: Integrating animal ecology, epidemiology, and human interests for strategic zoonosis management in a complex wildlife reservoir; BBSRC, £550k (2020-23).
- Cattle vaccination against malignant catarrhal fever: balancing pastoral livelihoods, food security and ecosystem integrity in the Serengeti, Tanzania; BBRSC, £223k (2020-21).
- Enhancing dengue fever surveillance in the Philippines; British Council (UK), £72k (2020-23).
- Mathematical tools to inform sustainable interventions against schistosomiasis infections in Uganda; Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC), £231k (2020-22).
- Healthy Lives - Malawi, Intergenerational family cohort of chronic conditions; Wellcome Trust, £4.4M (2019-24).
- Epidemiology meets biotechnology: preventing viral emergence from bats; Wellcome Trust, £1.9M (2019-24).
- Lost in translation. A study of the divergent mitochondrial translation pathway of the parasite Toxoplasma gondii; Welcome Trust, £924k (2019-24).