14 JunCR&DALL were delighted to host a seminar in honour of Emerita Professor Lalage Bown on 23 May 2018 in the School of Education at the University of Glasgow to mark her continuing commitment to adult education and international development in her 10th decade.
14 JunStaff from the School of Education recently participated in the IV International Forum on Teacher Education (IFTE) at the Kazan Federal University
14 JunLast year, following on from our participation in the Better Start Blackpool conference, we delivered our first Activate course to a group of 16 local community activists and project workers for the Better Start Blackpool project.
14 JunEarlier this year a group of 14 University of Glasgow Community Development students and 2 staff members got the opportunity to travel to Japan to participate in the Fukushima Ambassadors Program XII.
- Dr Ria Dunkley on 'Space time scapes as ecopedagogy'
- Prof Schweisfurth on Learner-centred pedagogy: Towards a post-2015 agenda for teaching and learning
- Dr Catherine Lido on Older learning engagement in the modern city
- Professor Mike Osborne on A European lens upon adult and lifelong learning in Asia
- Professor Trevor Gale on 'What's not to like about RCTs in education?"
1st in the UK for student satisfaction in the NSS (2014, 2015, 2016)
1st in the UK on the Times Good University Guide (2014 - 2018)
2nd in the UK on the Complete University Guide (2016 - 2018)
6th in the UK for Research Power in REF 2014
In the top 100 in the world in the QS World University Rankings
In the top 100 in the world on the THE World University rankings (2018)