24 MayThe book includes chapters about doctoral research into reading undertaken by PhD students working in their home countries across the globe, focusing on reading within the 12-21 age range.
09 MayAt the end of February 26 Community Development students and staff members from the School of Education undertook a 5 day intense study trip to Belfast. The purpose was to see Community Development practice in a different context and to share learning and reflections with their communities back home.
09 FebStaff and students asked 'What makes a book silent?' This travelling exhibition is a copy of a collection assembled in 2012 by iBbY members from across five continents as part of a powerful response to the influx of refugees arriving on the tiny Mediterranean island of Lampedusa.
08 FebOn the 18th and 19th January 2018, the University of Glasgow hosted a two day research symposium ‘Cognitive Approaches to Language in Education’ which was part of the BAAL/Routledge research seminar series.
- Dr Ria Dunkley on 'Space time scapes as ecopedagogy'
- Prof Schweisfurth on Learner-centred pedagogy: Towards a post-2015 agenda for teaching and learning
- Dr Catherine Lido on Older learning engagement in the modern city
- Professor Mike Osborne on A European lens upon adult and lifelong learning in Asia
- Professor Trevor Gale on 'What's not to like about RCTs in education?"
1st in the UK for student satisfaction in the NSS (2014, 2015, 2016)
1st in the UK on the Times Good University Guide (2014 - 2018)
2nd in the UK on the Complete University Guide (2016 - 2018)
6th in the UK for Research Power in REF 2014
In the top 100 in the world in the QS World University Rankings
In the top 100 in the world on the THE World University rankings (2018)