08 MarThe QS World University Rankings (https://bit.ly/2UeloCq) has recently ranked the School of Education (https://bit.ly/2STSIx6) in the top 50 in the world and in the top 10 in the UK.
07 MarA team of researchers from the School of Education, led by Kay Livingstone, Catherine Lido and Catherine Doherty, were commissioned to conduct a study on what impact the British Council programmes had on student outcomes in Scottish schools, in the context of the Scottish Attainment Challenge.
19 DecAs part of a project entitled, The role of universities in developing skills for Smart Cities, funded by the Scottish Funding Council from its contribution to the University of Glasgow’s efforts to develop activities concerned with the Global Challenges Research Fund, a group of academics from the University of Glasgow (Dr Srabani Maitra, Professor Mike Osborne, Dr Seth Agbo, Professor Muhammad Imran) visited Bishkek and New Delhi.
13 DecIn November, the Network held a series of meetings, workshops and events in Mexico City and in Chihuahua to reflect on the use of children's literature and the arts to help negotiate current challenges around contexts of migration.
- Dr Ria Dunkley on 'Space time scapes as ecopedagogy'
- Prof Schweisfurth on Learner-centred pedagogy: Towards a post-2015 agenda for teaching and learning
- Dr Catherine Lido on Older learning engagement in the modern city
- Professor Mike Osborne on A European lens upon adult and lifelong learning in Asia
- Professor Trevor Gale on 'What's not to like about RCTs in education?"
1st in the UK for student satisfaction in the NSS (2014, 2015, 2016, 2018)
1st in the UK on the Times Good University Guide (2014 - 2018, 2019)
1st in the UK on the Complete University Guide (2019)
6th in the UK for Research Power in REF 2014
In the top 50 in the world in the QS World University Rankings (2019)