The St Andrew's Foundation is the home of Catholic Teacher Education in Scotland and an international hub of knowledge exchange and research. It is located in the School of Education and works in partnership with the Scottish Government and the Bishops’ Conference to ensure a high-quality education for prospective teachers. As well as offering a range of courses at Undergraduate and Masters level, we are committed to creating a vibrant research and teaching culture, with international impact, in the field of Catholic education. The Foundation is affiliated to the World Union of Catholic Teachers and the Association of Catholic Institutes of Education.
To keep up to date with our news, please follow us on Twitter.
Catholic Education Courses
- Setting Out On The Road
- Bishops’ Requirements of Teachers of RE in Catholic Schools in Scotland
- Catholic Teacher Education at the University of Glasgow
- Post Graduate Research in Catholic Education
- A Rationale for Catholic Teacher Education
- Additional Teaching Qualification in Religious Education for Catholic Schools (ATQRE for Catholic Schools)
Previous Cardinal Winning Lectures
Cardinal Winning Lecture 2020 - Dr Rebekah Lamb, Lecturer in Theology and the Arts, University of St Andrews
Cardinal Winning Lecture 2019 - Archbishop Paul Gallagher, Secretary for Relations with States for the Holy See
Cardinal Winning Lecture 2018 - First Minister of Scotland Nicola Sturgeon