Our Emergency and Critical Care department work round the clock to support and provide intensive care for critically ill patients.
How we can help
The Emergency and Critical Care Service works closely with the Internal Medicine and Soft Tissue Surgery services to provide intensive care of critically ill patients. Patients with respiratory distress, severe heart failure, severe anaemia and other issues can be provided with oxygen therapy, inotropic support and round-the-clock monitoring. We also have an out of hours emergency unit for veterinary practices who are registered with us.
Services that we provide include:
- Advanced respiratory support: high flow nasal cannula oxygenation and mechanical ventilation
- Enteral and parenteral nutritional support
- In house POC analysers and blood gas and acid base analysis
- 24- hour intensive care
- Cardiovascular and respiratory monitoring
- Blood or plasma transfusions
- Blood gas analysis, partial coagulation panels, blood typing
- Continuous invasive and non invasive monitoring for cardiovascular and respiratory support including ECG, central venous pressure, arterial pressure, arterial oxygen and pulse oximetry.
Learn more about the services that we work with
Our Internal Medicine Service is responsible for investigating, diagnosing and treating diseases of the internal organs.
Soft Tissue Surgery
Our Soft Tissue Surgery department offers a comprehensive range of surgical procedures and expertise.