ESRC Supervisor Led Project PhD Scholarships
Applicants wishing to pursue a PhD in Social Science can apply for ESRD funding via the Scottish Graduate School for Social Science. These studentships are open to applications annually from October to January.
Studentships are for 3 years. Applicants who do not meet the ESRC’s minimum research training requirements may be awarded a further year to complete a 1 year Masters degree first before commencing their PhD.
Projects are generally hosted within the College of Social Sciences. However, occasionally projects may be hosted by the following Schools/Institutes:
- Institute of Health and Wellbeing
- Institute of Neuroscience & Psychology
- School of Critical Studies
- School of Geographical and Earth Sciences
- School of Humanities
- School of Psychology
Applicants should hold a minimum 2:1 Honours degree. As a general guide, applicants must also hold Home/EU residency and have resided with the UK or EU for a minimum of 3 years by the commencement of the scholarship in order to be eligible for a Full award. UK/EU applicants who do not meet the 3 year minimum UK residency requirement will be eligible for a Fees Only award. Please see our How to Apply for a ESRC studentship webpage for full details.
- Czech Republic
- Northern Ireland
- Accounting & Finance[PhD]
- Central & East European Studies[PhD]
- Economic & Social History[PhD]
- English Language & Linguistics[PhD/MLitt (Research)/MPhil (Research)/MRes]
- Health Economics and Health Technology Assessment[PhD/iPhD/MSc (Research)]
- Human Geography[PhD/MPhil/MSc (Research)]
- Infrastructure & Environment[PhD/MPhil/MSc (Research)]
- Interdisciplinary Studies[PhD/MPhil]
- Law[PhD/LLM (Research)]
- Neuroscience & Psychology[PhD/iPhD/MD]
- Politics & International Relations[PhD]
- Psychology[PhD/MPhil/MSc (Research)]
- Public Health[PhD/iPhD/MD/MSc (Research)]
- Slavonic Languages & Cultures[PhD/MLitt (Research)/MPhil (Research)/MRes]
- Statistics[PhD/iPhD/MPhil/MSc (Research)]
- Urban Studies[PhD]
Annual stipend at RCUK rates, tuition fees and access to Research Support Training Grant for those meeting the eligibility criteria for a Full Award.
How to apply
Please see our How to Apply for a ESRC studentship webpage for full details.
These studentships are open for applications from October to January. Please should see our How to Apply for an ESRC studentship webpage for this year’s deadlines.
For more information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org