Career Development Workshops March 2019
Issued: Thu, 28 Feb 2019 16:18:00 GMT
Career Development Workshops March 2019 WWCRC Lecture Theatre
Thursday 21st March 12-1pm
Understanding the Open Research, Knowledge Exchange and Impact landscape and its relevance to academic careers
The workshop will cover:
• Why do universities care so much about open research, knowledge exchange & research impact beyond academia?
• What’s in it for you?
• Solving problems that matter.
• Working with others outside academia.
Thursday 28th March any 12-1pm
Grant application clinic
This top-tips workshop will cover:
• The nuts and bolts of how funding committees work and what they are looking for.
• How to develop your ideas and CV to maximise the chances of success.
These events will be led by Prof Nicol Keith, Professor of Molecular Oncology & Director of Research Impact at the Institute of Cancer Sciences