Assignment: Allocate Markers
Download the PDF guide for - Assignment: Allocate markers
Moodle Assignment is an activity which allows students to submit electronic copies of their assignments to Moodle. Moodle Assignment accepts any file type. PDFs are also able to be annotated within Moodle Assignment.
Moodle Assignment can be used to allocate markers to specific submissions. This could be used to ensure that subject specialists are assigned to mark questions about their specialism.
- In the Moodle Course in which you have set up your assignment, click on the Gear icon on the right hand side, and click Edit Settings.
- Click to expand the Grade section.
- Set Use marking workflow to yes.
- Set Use marking allocation to yes.
- When you are happy with the settings, click Save and display to return to the activity.
- In the Moodle Course in which you have set up the Assignment, click on the link to the activity then click to View/grade all submissions.
- Select all or some of the submissions.
- In the drop down box under the list of submissions, select Set allocated marker and click Go and OK.
- On the next screen, select the Allocated marker from the drop down list.
- Click Save changes.
The name of the allocated marker is now shown in the grading screen. When the markers access the Assignment they will only see the submissions which are allocated to them.
This Moodle guide was created by LEADS and is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.