Adding a file (drag and drop)
Download PDF guide for - Adding a file (drag and drop)
Files can be added to Moodle by dragging and dropping them directly on to your course page. It is important to use a relatively up to date browser otherwise this process may not work.
Allows you to share file resources such as PDF and PowerPoint with your users.
Using drag and drop to add files
- Go to front page of your course, click the Gear icon at top right of the screen.
- Scroll down and Turn editing on.
- Locate the file that you want to add to your Moodle course (this could be on a USB drive, shared drive, your computer’s hard drive etc). Click on the file and without releasing the mouse button drag the file to the location of the topic that you want to add it to (you should see a green circle with a + sign in it and Add file(s) here. You can release the mouse button when you see this).
- It is possible to select, then drag and drop more than one file at a time as long as they are not collectively greater than 100MB.
- Click Appearance to expand section.
- Change the display option to automatic, embed or pop-up.
- Click Save and return to course at the foot of the page.
This Moodle guide was created by LEADS and is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.